Lees why...

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

He made the wrong decision, if you have played at a decent level you would understand that, how many other players made the wrong decisions tonight?

We have probably stumbled across why you never played higher.

Every game will contain any number of mistakes brought about by endless potential factors. The benefit of hindsight only makes them look worse. But what Lees did was in a different category than anything else that happened tonight, or actually for a very long time. 

He had a huge amount of time and space, plus plenty of options to pass the ball to. Having spent ages thinking about it and struggling to even keep the ball under control, he then was panicked into trying a 40 yard pass back to a goalkeeper who had about a quarter of the pitch to himself and missed him by about 75% of that distance.

There can be no sugar coating this. I'm struggling to think of a series of errors quite as bad as this incident.

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Tom Lees has been a brilliant signing and you can count on one hand the number of mistakes he has made. Consistent, rarely injured and never moans. 

I’ll save my criticism for the likes of Abdi, Mattias, Boyd, Jones, Hooper, Westwood, Hutchinson and Van Aken. The majority of whom are a bunch of overrated, overpaid crocks who have added the square root of frig all to this club for a long time. The aforementioned equate to around £1m per month in wages. 

So, before booing the likes of Tom Lees, just think on. 

post of the night.

34 minutes ago, Dot said:

you need to let it go

CC didn't coach Lees to do that

Jos is asking the defence to play a way that we aren't good at (hence no clean sheets)

Dawson is a decent shot stopper but flaps, his decision making as to when to come for a ball is shocking, his distribution is woeful at times

no wonder the defence in front of him make mistakes

sod all to do with CC

We cant play the ball out with the players we have..we were led to believe Jos builds a solid foundation at the back

yeah right

Think Jos's way is starting to show through. Clearly insists they play out of the back. Everyone can see no ones happy with it but darent question it because you end up with the stiffs ala Boyd, Jones etc. Every team now just comes and sits on our back four giving no space and we still pass it to Lees with a player sat in his pocket.

Lees confidence is shot, that's why he dithers. 

Dawson needs a break because he looks more nervous every game. 

Penney needs a rest and a couple of games out. 

Jos needs to rethink his game plan. 

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Every game will contain any number of mistakes brought about by endless potential factors. The benefit of hindsight only makes them look worse. But what Lees did was in a different category than anything else that happened tonight, or actually for a very long time. 

He had a huge amount of time and space, plus plenty of options to pass the ball to. Having spent ages thinking about it and struggling to even keep the ball under control, he then was panicked into trying a 40 yard pass back to a goalkeeper who had about a quarter of the pitch to himself and missed him by about 75% of that distance.

There can be no sugar coating this. I'm struggling to think of a series of errors quite as bad as this incident.

Stupid thing was he wasn't trying to pass to keeper... He played a blend pass thinking thornley had dropped back

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Tom Lees is so uncomfortable on the ball.

It baffles me why Luhukay has Lees drop deep for our goal kicks when all that happens is he cuts back inside EVERY TIME and plays it back to the keeper, at which point Dawson has 2/3 attackers on top of him and it all gets a bit panicked at the back.

Lees never thinks to go outside down the line and I honestly can’t work out why Luhukay doesn’t have Dawson play the ball short to  better players on the ball like Hector or one of the full backs.

If we play this tactic, trying to play it out from the back via Tom Lees we will get hammered by the pigs.

As for their second goal tonight, Lees should rightly feel ashamed of that, the fact he had so much time on the ball prior to messing things up was embarrassingly bad and I hope he apologised to all of his team mates in the changing room after for costing us a point.

If going forward we are going to continue to play out from the back Luhukay needs to play Pudil, Hector and Thornley at the back and drop Lees.

Ok, so let me explain, we are trying to play out from the keeper, Dawson's distribution isn't the best, he reminds me of a younger Jordan Pickford, I do think Cam will get there though.

Tom Lees is pretty good on the ball for a CB, watch the other 94 minutes of the game.

By our CBs dropping in to pick up the ball we are hoping Boro will press, we can then miss the midfield out and go into Fletcher, with Reach and Joao playing off him.

Its called beating a press.

• Haha 1

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Stupid thing was he wasn't trying to pass to keeper... He played a blend pass thinking thornley had dropped back

I did wonder about that because it seemed he was going across the pitch rather than back. That actually makes it worse as I have no idea how near the next Wednesday defender was and he obviously could not have seen any of them anywhere near where the ball ended up.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I did wonder about that because it seemed he was going across the pitch rather than back. That actually makes it worse as I have no idea how near the next Wednesday defender was and he obviously could not have seen any of them anywhere near where the ball ended up.

He under hit the pass because he was under pressure from Assombalonga.

That was the mistake.

His manager wants him to play out, sometimes you get caught.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

He was facing thornley and was he m running back the he turned away panicked and played blind ball across.. problem was thornley had stopped Boro player hadn't.

Shocking pass when could have gone back to keeper.

Think lees  is strugglin, no coincidence his form dropped off so much since Westwood has disappeared, Westwood shouts, commands and organises defence.  It's an utter joke the keeper situation...... 

He under hit the pass because he was under pressure from Assombalonga.

That was the mistake.

His manager wants him to play out, sometimes you get caught.

If ever I'm in the dock as a defendant, I hope you are foreman of the jury !

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

He was facing thornley and was he m running back the he turned away panicked and played blind ball across.. problem was thornley had stopped Boro player hadn't.

Think lees  is strugglin, no coincidence his form dropped off so much since Westwood has disappeared, Westwood shouts, commands and organises defence.  It's an utter joke the keeper situation...... 

You cant say that mate, it's not fashionable, blame Lees.

41 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

That is well harsh!  Yes, fans have gone way overboard about Lees over the last few years but you are talking rubbish son. He’s had a mare for that second goal but Lees is still a solid defender at this level. The problem is that he struggles with the ball at his feet, which to be fair is the same for many centre backs!

To say we wouldn’t get a fee for him is ridiculous!!

No pace, turning circle of a tank, very poor distribution, needs someone next to him to hold his hand. He can do the basic stuff like tackle or head the ball, defenders like that are 10 a penny. 

What sort of fee do you think he would command then? 

Great man management, what about all the players tonight that literally avoided tackilng?

He's been crap for a while now. Say it every week. I wouldn't start him. Slows everything down, awful in this playing it out of the back system, no leadership for a captain. 

Correct it wouldn't be good man management but without Loovens holding his hand, Tom Lees is below average. Compare him with the three Boro had at the back tonight. Light years ahead of him. 

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If ever I'm in the dock as a defendant, I hope you are foreman of the jury !

The mistake Tom Lees makes tonight is equal to any forward player missing a good chance, the amount of chances Nuhiu misses yet you defend him and here you are hanging Lees.

Never been a football fan.

5 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Think lees  is strugglin, no coincidence his form dropped off so much since Loovens has disappeared, Loovens shouts, commands and organises defence.  It's an utter joke the defensive situation...... 

Fixed it for you mate. 

Westwood won't play for us again, the sooner he leaves the better. 

Tom Lees is the club captain. He shouldn't need someone to hold his hand, he should be leading the team.