Lees why...

22 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He can square that ball to Palmer, it’s almost like they’ll get a whipping in the changing room if they lump it forward 

It was a blindingly obvious pass which makes me agree that they are being instructed to play through midfield rather than to full back and a longer ball forward. It doesnt work though.

So its not all Lee's fault in honesty, no one was open and Jos's tactics need to be seriously questioned.

Forgot he was at fault for 1st goal too, make it far to easy for Besic to get space to shoot. So he does need to sort himself out despite the tactics.

Edited by swfc-dan

1 minute ago, Kraschenbern said:

I'm sorry, but he has been terrible this season.  The fact he isn't comfortable on the ball is no excuse.  He's a professional footballer, playing in arguably the fifth hardest league in Europe.  He should be able to get his head up and either pick out a pass or go long.  They may be coaching them to play out of defence, but they'll also be told if there is no option to clear their lines.  If he can't play out from the back then drop him or sell him and get someone in who can.  Hutch, as injury prone as he may be would suit the role ten times better.  Getting a bit sick of Tom Lees now to be honest.  With his experience and the fact he is captain he should be leading.  He isn't.  Time for a change.

Utter f'kin drivel.

That's never kicked a ball in thee life. f'k off.

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

Lees made one mistake, he under hit a back pass, if he gets enough on it then we wouldn't even be discussing it.

How many other players under hit passes or completely f'ked up a 5 yarder tonight, too many to mention.

What we didn't do tonight was match Boro's desire, we jumped out of about 10 x 50/50s.

That one incident was actually a whole bunch of errors on his part. The backpass was just the most obvious and catastrophic of them. 

I'm not going to do the obvious and thereby downgrade the rest of his performance, which wasn't that bad, but he has been below par this season and if we had more options his place in the team ought to be in serious jeopardy.

• Thanks 1

Played for my county in my youth and two "centres of excellence" as they were known.  Most of that as part of a back three too.  But to be fair opinions are like arseholes.  Maybe I am wrong.  All I know is, in that situation, and when he backed off for the goal against West Brom, none of my former teams would have conceded.  Maybe it's not his fault cos he's been told to play a certain way, fact is tho, his decision making without Looven's has gone to pot.

• Like 1

Just now, Ironman said:

He needs dropping.

pudil, thorniley and hector as the three centre backs next game. He's a calamity waiting to happen every time he's on the ball, and that is a lot due to how much we p1ss about with it at the back.

Its called trying to play football from the back, from the keeper, defenders, midfield and strikers, It's a modern thing, happened a few seasons ago.

Get it forrard.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Lees made one mistake, he under hit a back pass, if he gets enough on it then we wouldn't even be discussing it.

How many other players under hit passes or completely f'ked up a 5 yarder tonight, too many to mention.

What we didn't do tonight was match Boro's desire, we jumped out of about 10 x 50/50s.

But he didn't and, he cost us a goal - something he's paid not to do.

Lee's doesn't appear to have any confidence in his basic decision making particularly passing a football - pretty fundamental in my eyes.

Yes other players were equally as bad tonight but they didn't have the time he did - he simply froze, panicked when he had time to be composed.

1 minute ago, Kraschenbern said:

Played for my county in my youth and two "centres of excellence" as they were known.  Most of that as part of a back three too.  But to be fair opinions are like arseholes.  Maybe I am wrong.  All I know is, in that situation, and when he backed off for the goal against West Brom, none of my former teams would have conceded.  Maybe it's not his fault cos he's been told to play a certain way, fact is tho, his decision making without Looven's has gone to pot.

He made the wrong decision, if you have played at a decent level you would understand that, how many other players made the wrong decisions tonight?

We have probably stumbled across why you never played higher.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Lees made ONE mistake, he under hit a back pass, if he gets enough on it then we wouldn't even be discussing it.

Did you not see the first half, tried a ball across the back 4 and was lucky to get away with it, he was awful tonight.

Definately no Captain.

Tom Lees is so uncomfortable on the ball.

It baffles me why Luhukay has Lees drop deep for our goal kicks when all that happens is he cuts back inside EVERY TIME and plays it back to the keeper, at which point Dawson has 2/3 attackers on top of him and it all gets a bit panicked at the back.

Lees never thinks to go outside down the line and I honestly can’t work out why Luhukay doesn’t have Dawson play the ball short to  better players on the ball like Hector or one of the full backs.

If we play this tactic, trying to play it out from the back via Tom Lees we will get hammered by the pigs.

As for their second goal tonight, Lees should rightly feel ashamed of that, the fact he had so much time on the ball prior to messing things up was embarrassingly bad and I hope he apologised to all of his team mates in the changing room after for costing us a point.

If going forward we are going to continue to play out from the back Luhukay needs to play Pudil, Hector and Thornley at the back and drop Lees.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

At least Lees' error takes the attention off Thorniley costing us the first goal. Criminal to let the ball bounce in that position, just clear it ffs.  

Completely agree. That's just inexperience though and he will learn. 

Tom Lees has been a brilliant signing and you can count on one hand the number of mistakes he has made. Consistent, rarely injured and never moans. 

I’ll save my criticism for the likes of Abdi, Mattias, Boyd, Jones, Hooper, Westwood, Hutchinson and Van Aken. The majority of whom are a bunch of overrated, overpaid crocks who have added the square root of frig all to this club for a long time. The aforementioned equate to around £1m per month in wages. 

So, before booing the likes of Tom Lees, just think on. 

• Like 1

Tom Lees used to let himself down, he always used to knock the ball forward, trying to hit the CF.

Now he's trying to play out, playing out can be risky if pressed well enough.

Lees made one mistake, probably the least amount on the pitch.

Some of you are asking for him to be dropped and be removed from captain because of one mistake, have you ever heard of man management?

Support from the sofa, mega.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Tom Lees has been a brilliant signing and you can count on one hand the number of mistakes he has made. Consistent, rarely injured and never moans. 

I’ll save my criticism for the likes of Abdi, Mattias, Boyd, Jones, Hooper, Westwood, Hutchinson and Van Aken. The majority of whom are a bunch of overrated, overpaid crocks who have added the square root of frig all to this club for a long time. The aforementioned equate to around £1m per month in wages. 

So, before booing the likes of Tom Lees, just think on. 

Excellent post.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Tom Lees is so uncomfortable on the ball.

It baffles me why Luhukay has Lees drop deep for our goal kicks when all that happens is he cuts back inside EVERY TIME and plays it back to the keeper, at which point Dawson has 2/3 attackers on top of him and it all gets a bit panicked at the back.

Lees never thinks to go outside down the line and I honestly can’t work out why Luhukay doesn’t have Dawson play the ball short to  better players on the ball like Hector or one of the full backs.

If we play this tactic, trying to play it out from the back via Tom Lees we will get hammered by the pigs.

As for their second goal tonight, Lees should rightly feel ashamed of that, the fact he had so much time on the ball prior to messing things up was embarrassingly bad and I hope he apologised to all of his team mates in the changing room after for costing us a point.

If going forward we are going to continue to play out from the back Luhukay needs to play Pudil, Hector and Thornley at the back and drop Lees.

Just about word for word what I said to my mate who I go to the games with.