Some players need to take a long hard look at themselves

I never advocate posts like this made during games. Surefire way to make yourself look a reactionary idiot.

But I tell you what... some players need to take a long hard look at themselves. You can forgive it if it's down to a lack of ability. You can forgive it if it's down to bad luck. Players are human, they make mistakes. 

But there have been three or four players out there today that have been sauntering about or completely unable to do even the basics. Some truly disgusting performances today. Full credit to those actually trying to make a battle of it. 

Perhaps.

I think all we're seeing tonight is the difference between 2 teams, 1 of which who'll be there or thereabouts this season, and a work in progress.

An off night for sure, but still only the 1st home defeat this season as it stands.

I agree in part that players have to be 100% on it to get anything out of games though.

I think you are being harsh.

Mixed ability side. Some inexperienced. And, some individuals letting the side down.

Some poor refereeing decisions - when it really counted (IMO).

And, Middlesborough are a good side - better on the night.

And, I haven’t seen a lack of effort - from anyone, regardless of a good or bad performance.

Not like at Forest.

Edited by ReadingOwl

32 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I never advocate posts like this made during games. Surefire way to make yourself look a reactionary idiot.

But I tell you what... some players need to take a long hard look at themselves. You can forgive it if it's down to a lack of ability. You can forgive it if it's down to bad luck. Players are human, they make mistakes. 

But there have been three or four players out there today that have been sauntering about or completely unable to do even the basics. Some truly disgusting performances today. Full credit to those actually trying to make a battle of it. 

I agree with this 100% 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

That was like something out of the Irvine era, league 2 standard performance, truly gutter 

Don’t know what brought that on but hope it was just an off day 

Blame Dawson and  Jos every other tool on here does

• Like 1

Still see enough for a playoff finish. This is the championship, it's absolutely nuts and tonight was an off day.

Boro a strong side, but you wouldn't say they were miles away in quality...would you??? Would have come away with a point if not for Lees mistake. 

On to the next. Chin up everyone.

• Like 1

Middlesborough concede almost next to nowt. We are missing the two key players that might be able to create something against a team like that (Forestieri and Matias). When I heard they were both injured, a feared the worst from this fixture and that is sadly how it turned out.

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

That was like something out of the Irvine era, league 2 standard performance, truly gutter 

It wasn't that bad, Middlesbrough had more quality. Too many basic errors. That's bad decision making costing us total of 3 points in last 2 home games.

Pelupessey v West Brom and Lees tonight

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It wasn't great tonight, but that is a very strong statement. Are you sure? Irvine *shudders*

Hardly any intensity from us at home, really disappointing.

Penney had a poor game, if his name was Fox he would be getting pelters.

No urgency from Joao AT ALL really disappointing.

Lees had a poor game but I think he needs Hector next to him. 

I’m really frustrated with Jos again, stick Pelupessy on Downing instead of Hector (they were playing 1 up front FFS) 

Take Penney or Thornily off and put Onomah on instead give us some energy.

We gift wrapped the 3 points tonight for Boro :sad:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Joao

10 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

It wasn't great tonight, but that is a very strong statement. Are you sure? Irvine *shudders*

We couldn’t put two passes together, it’s a complete kick and hope. 2nd to everything we never get near second balls

no identity is how I’d describe that