Joao get him off

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

In terms of “service” it wasn’t poor, it was non-existent. No crosses, no through-balls, nothing.

BUT, in general play and build-up Fletch and Joao were chalk and cheese.

Fletcher battled, Joao didn’t. Fletcher held the ball and found a colleague. It bounced off Joao all night, and he couldn’t stay on his feet.

Very poor from Lucas last night. I still hope he plays Tuesday, though with some tough words from Jos stinging his ears.

I recorded it last night. Gonna have a 4ish pints in the Boot & Shoe & watch it later. You'd better be right Holmsey.

• Haha 3

He's a striker who will only do something when it's at his feet. His off the ball movement is shocking. A few times in the second half he passed the ball then stood there when he should have given the player he just passed to another option by running the channel.

Dissapointing night last night from Joao.

Very dissapointing.

That said it was an attritional game threadbare of quality in the final thirds , esepecially for us.

I thought Fletcher did well with his link play but we didn't get people near enough to him.

Joao looked like a lostboy out there.

I actually think we'd have got much more out of both of them if they had played as a traditional strike pair.  I think they'd have given 'Boro more to think about if they had been playing in each others orbit.

The combination of the aerial strength, hold up play, pace, dribbling.  I think they would have been better foils as a direct partnership. Esepcially is with someone in touching distance it gives your midfield and defence a better chance to get it to you early and know it's not going to come straight back.

Yes. Think they'd have been better as an old shool pair.

But theirin lies it's own problem....because Reach...possibly our most stand out player this season so far has become much more effective in his wide of a 3 role than he was in the hole.

So...there's always, it seems to me, going to be a slightly square peg somewhere in the equation. Until Fernando is fit again at least.

14 minutes ago, modboy said:

Hope winnall is match fit sooner rather than later 

Whislt as an 'overall' striker I think he is probably slightly behind all the others. The one thing I think he does have in his favour above the others is that he has proven with Scunny and the dingles that he's capable of playing the lone or centre of a three role and will put himself about and look afterhimself.

He might end up being a more useful player than we envisaged when he came as Rhodes back up!

15 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Truth is he needs to really take a good look at himself. He can’t just turn for games when he feels like it. He was poor at Bristol but switched on in those 2 crucial moments. Tonight he was horrendous. 

Looks like he's a moody character. Clearly didn't fancy it last night, embarrassing. 

For too long now we've been saying he needs to grow up. Winnall can't come back soon enough for me.

15 hours ago, leedsbornowl said:

No but if he could hold the ball up we have a chance always on his ass

Holding the ball up is not his strength his strength is playing off the target man, Joao needs players close up around him that why he was so strong last season when playing three up front. Using Nuhiu as the target man and FF supplying the finesse.  Joao cemented the two together.