Jump to content
The Claw

penney may be off

Recommended Posts

Morgan Fox has never had a bad game? 

 

Image result for basketball coach gif

 

Anyway, back to Penney...

 

He's only a kid and clearly has lots of potential, but I wasn't impressed by his efforts on Friday night. Quite lackadaisical and though his application (at times) was wanting. 

 

One thing he needs to get sorted out is his anticipation and heading on long balls. Have noticed on a few occasions that he gets himself under the ball, resulting in it bouncing off the top of his head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor game on Friday, not a wing back but bags of potential at fullback

Jos needs to stop putting square pegs in round holes.

Penney is a full back,Palmer is not a wing back, Reach is not a centre midfielder and Hutch needs to be brought back to the fold If fit.

Hope Winnal can make the bench at QPR as we need him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

Can't have got to many games then

 

lol

 

Fox looks a lot better than Penney, but no one wants to hear that because it goes against the grain. Penney has looked like a lost 16 year old and anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves 

  • Like 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Fox looks a lot better than Penney, but no one wants to hear that because it goes against the grain. Penney has looked like a lost 16 year old and anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves 

 

Disagree. Thought he looked good up until the Leeds match. He's struggled since then. But still provided an assist against West Brom.

 

Fox has had stinker after stinker. Wolves at home last year sticks out. Will never forgive him for taking a red card because he couldn't be arsed to show a bit of desire and follow his runner. Just lazy. Burton at home last year. Wolves in the Cup this season. Three off the top of my head. League Two footballer. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Fox looks a lot better than Penney, but no one wants to hear that because it goes against the grain. Penney has looked like a lost 16 year old and anyone who disagrees is lying to themselves 

Penney was weak, poor and clueless on Friday but...still has huge potential.

Fox on the other hand is a complete waste of space...one of the worst I've seen in 35 years of attending.

If fox is the answer wtf is the question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge potential? You guys do like to exaggerate when it’s one of our own. Look at the player objectively and not through blue and white specs. He’s shown nothing to say he could play in the premier league, which would result in the ‘huge potential’, he only got the assist against west Brom because there centre half nodded into fernandos path. A few nice flicks against Villa but he’s been poor in every game  and if anything has been a detriment 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Huge potential? You guys do like to exaggerate when it’s one of our own. Look at the player objectively and not through blue and white specs. He’s shown nothing to say he could play in the premier league, which would result in the ‘huge potential’, he only got the assist against west Brom because there centre half nodded into fernandos path. A few nice flicks against Villa but he’s been poor in every game  and if anything has been a detriment 

 

You lost all credibility when you said you'd never seen Fox have a bad game

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

 

You lost all credibility when you said you'd never seen Fox have a bad game

I don’t have a s/t but for every match I’ve seen I don’t recall ever being alerted by his shiiteness, dunno, he’s always looked ‘ok’ to me, nothing special but does the job. To this day the hatred towards him was the worst I’ve seen, even more than big dave lol them two 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Huge potential? You guys do like to exaggerate when it’s one of our own. Look at the player objectively and not through blue and white specs. He’s shown nothing to say he could play in the premier league, which would result in the ‘huge potential’, he only got the assist against west Brom because there centre half nodded into fernandos path. A few nice flicks against Villa but he’s been poor in every game  and if anything has been a detriment 

Poor?  Who's exaggerating again?

Edited by Socialist_Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot here spout off so much derisory, negative nonsense, I don't doubt there's some pigs in the midst. 

And if they're not, they're not much better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worse, Doyen are involved so that's a nightmare.

 

Especially given recent press speculation, so similar to Hirsty shambles.

 

And such transfer gossip was missing before Joao re - signed (another of their clients).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2018 at 22:39, SallyCinnamon said:

 

Disagree. Thought he looked good up until the Leeds match. He's struggled since then. But still provided an assist against West Brom.

 

Fox has had stinker after stinker. Wolves at home last year sticks out. Will never forgive him for taking a red card because he couldn't be arsed to show a bit of desire and follow his runner. Just lazy. Burton at home last year. Wolves in the Cup this season. Three off the top of my head. League Two footballer. 

Let’s be reyt, we can count on one hand the number of bad performances Fox has had, and we could do the same for every other player in this side 

 

For some on here though bad performances for one player stick out more than the other, why I don’t know 

 

But let’s be honest and not give an untrue opinion because he’s ‘one of our own’, the facts are Penney has looked a league 2 player at times. His control has been shocking, his balls have been even worse 

 

In the current moment id trust Fox in that position to do a better job 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Fox isn't as bad as some make out.

Penney isn't outstanding as some claim .

 

Both are somewhere in the middle.

 

What can't be argued is that Penney has the far greater potential.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players agent leaking linked clubs ahead of contract talks, big shock!!!

 

Heard from someone at the ground who claimed to know Penney's parents that he's going nowhere

Edited by Sultan_Pepper
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Fox isn't as bad as some make out.

Penney isn't outstanding as some claim .

 

Both are somewhere in the middle.

 

What can't be argued is that Penney has the far greater potential.

Potential based on what though, that’s my argument, he hasn’t done anything lol

The only thing I recall him doing this season is the assist for reach at Reading. West Brom I don’t really count as it’s an assist from their defender as Penney’s ball wouldn’t have reached FF albeit for a flick on 

 

Its almost as if people are basing his potential over this fancy flick at Villa 

Edited by FreshOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Potential based on what though, that’s my argument, he hasn’t done anything lol

The only thing I recall him doing this season is the assist for reach at Reading. West Brom I don’t really count as it’s an assist from their defender as Penney’s ball wouldn’t have reached FF albeit for a flick on 

 

Its almost as if people are basing his potential over this fancy flick at Villa 

 

I'm basing his potential on his body shape when stopping crosses and the way he moves when he runs and approaches the ball. 

There's work to be done. But there's clearly a more natural flow to the way he plays than Fox. IMO. And I'm going with that. 

 

Flicks mean nothing to me either way to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Potential based on what though, that’s my argument, he hasn’t done anything lol

The only thing I recall him doing this season is the assist for reach at Reading. West Brom I don’t really count as it’s an assist from their defender as Penney’s ball wouldn’t have reached FF albeit for a flick on 

 

Its almost as if people are basing his potential over this fancy flick at Villa 

 

Seen enough of Matt Penney in the under 23s to know that he isn't crap. He's a very talented lad and rather than bashing a 20 year old chucked in at the deep end, we should be encouraging him.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Potential based on what though, that’s my argument, he hasn’t done anything lol

The only thing I recall him doing this season is the assist for reach at Reading. West Brom I don’t really count as it’s an assist from their defender as Penney’s ball wouldn’t have reached FF albeit for a flick on 

 

Its almost as if people are basing his potential over this fancy flick at Villa 

 

I think you maybe confusing potential with history. One is based on past performances whilst the over a prediction of future performances. 

 

I don’t disagree that Fox is unfairly judged on here, he’s certainly adequate at this level in my opinion. Penney looks decent too and at an age where experience, filling out, gaining strength and a bit of guile he could certainly surpass Fox. 

 

I’d personally be sharing the workload with Fox playing more physical sides or away fixtures, Penney replacing him and adding pace/energy if needed. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...