Sheffield Wednesday -V- Middlesborough (OMDT)

HT 0-0.

Not the greatest performance so far, especially in the final third.  We are making it too easy for them at times.  We've had the two best chances so far.  Hopefully we can create a few more second half.

I think Hector and Pessy are the standout players and are certainly getting stuck in.   The game is still very much wide open imo. 

Thought we started nicely.  Boro aren't very threatening but I'm quite impressed with how well they press to win the ball back and we've let them rush us into a few mistakes.  

Let's be honest though, the neutrals have stuck Netflix on, that first half wasnt great viewing. Need to get the ball to stick up front in 2nd half ( João )  so we can get Reach and Bannan involved more.

7 minutes ago, OxOwl said:

Penny get him off at HT

What and break his confidence ffs? He made a great run in 1st half but has had a bad half agreed but subbing him will do more harm than good for confidence that we need to encourage in him. He may have a blinder in 2nd half. 

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He's been one of the better ones. Broken it up well at times. Passing a bit off, but his energy has been good.

I've never been able to put my finger on pelupessy why I wasn't sure about him and it's he does some good things but he's usually poor on the easy stuff like a straight forward pass to a team mate 

He'll score a hat rick now 

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, keefdave said:

That was possibly the worst 45 minutes of *football* I've ever witnessed, and at 62 I've seen some bobbar.

Bit harsh that pal.

I remember watching an U12 abbey lane girls side Vs totley brook and that was slightly worse.

Well, best described as attritional I think in Boro’s case. You can see why they’re doing well, they’re well organised, and fight for every ball.

But let’s talk about us instead. Pleased with what I’m seeing with Thorniley and Pelupessy summing us up, we’re matching them in every department so far. Lots of endeavour and working really hard, can’t fault them on the whole.

I think if we win this, it will be 1-0. Possibly destined to end 0-0. One moment of luck or outstanding individual play is what is required. If we keep playing as we are, a chance will come.

Yup, think this one could become a very hard earned victory and I’d be as pleased as punch. Assuming Dawson finds his steady slippers instead of his giddy kippers.

Edited by theowlsman

Just now, owler66 said:

I've never been able to put my finger on pelupessy why I wasn't sure about him and it's he does some good things but he's usually poor on the easy stuff like a straight forward pass to a team mate 

He'll score a hat rick now 

Think no-ones been great with their passing tonight.

Dont see us going up a gear tonight even after 2 weeks off.

Just now, Oliver said:

What is Carlos going on about in this moment? 

Be having a shuffle at how there is no attacking and lots of backward passing