Sheffield Wednesday -V- Middlesborough (OMDT)

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Focusing on Pelupessy...

When our two conceded goals tonight came from one centre half letting a simple header and let it bounce and the other passing it to their centre forward...

When effectively we were playing with 10! He’s useless!

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Keith Andrews says Ayala's attack on Fletcher was ONLY a forearm not an elbow so only a yellow card not Red.

Thats OK then.

Forearm smashes are allowed.

laughed at that myself

but I have to say I like Andrews summing up of us 

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Focusing on Pelupessy...

When our two conceded goals tonight came from one centre half letting a simple header and let it bounce and the other passing it to their centre forward...

I agree. He broke up play well for me tonight. I guess once people have made up their minds it's difficult to change them however well they perform.

4 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I agree. He broke up play well for me tonight. I guess once people have made up their minds it's difficult to change them however well they perform.

that's my argument with the anti Nuhiu crowd   yes can be sh*t but at least recognise the contribution 

I think pessy did ok tonight  imo Hector was better 

40 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

How the hell did the ref see that as a foul against lees? Ayala threw himself on top of the ball, it was obstruction and an indirect free kick to us.. nobsack

And Pulis is a Calgon 

And Ayala swung an arm trying to catch someone in that ruck and mall at the end. Also Flint flung himself over the pack of bodies.  Very dangerous.  Would live to have seen a penalty given there.  Just didn't have the ref with the balls for it.  

1 minute ago, Millhouses said:
Just now, Millhouses said:

Amazing!

I know you don't like it, but when he's one of the few putting in a shift what does that say about the rest.? João was a waste if a shirt, Penny had a mare, Palmer was crap, Thornily was off the pace and cost us a goal, Hector was caught out of position too many times after diving in and as for Lees there is nothing to say. All this putting a young goalie under unecessary pressure.  Only Fletcher, Nuihu, Pelupessy and Reach were worthy of any praise tonight and to be honest Reach was pretty quiet. Bannan tried too hard when things started going south and frankly none of them could pass to a player standing two yards away from them. I don't know how anyone can single out Pelupessy when he was the only one in the midfield putting tackles in.

A night to forget. It's gone. On to the next where they need to get their heads straight.

20 minutes ago, swinners said:

And Ayala swung an arm trying to catch someone in that ruck and mall at the end. Also Flint flung himself over the pack of bodies.  Very dangerous.  Would live to have seen a penalty given there.  Just didn't have the ref with the balls for it.  

It was deffo an I direct free kick or an outside shout for a pen.

He the awards the free kick to them..

Astounding decision 

Overall though the right result. We were poor tonight. 

28 minutes ago, Millhouses said:

If Onomah had played we would not have lost that game.

Why?

Would he have picked Thorniley up and hurled him at the ball for that header he missed like a giant fleshy dart and prevented the first goal?

Used telepathy to make Lees play the ball out to Palmer first time instead of dillydallying around and then playing a blind back pass?

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel downright embarrassed for making my Newcastle-fan mate sit through that. Going to have trouble getting a crowd together to watch the derby with now. That was absolutely dire - sort of like a reverse of the Ipswich game in that both sides were extremely poor but we managed to be the worst of the two this time.