2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Last time they gave us upper tier I think it was about 4,000, holds more but they didn't use all rows, something to do with knowing that fans standing was not safe.

We had over 10,000 in 1979-80 game, all bramall lane end and half of terrace on North side of ground, they were also a few thousand on shoreham end too. 

Cheers Brad, can't understand these allocations getting lower and lower, EFL and FSF need to do something about it. By the time I build up enough TPP we'll probably be in different divisions. 

Those were the days though, is shoreham the kop end, we were on there, but didn't realise there were a few thousand on their. 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Last time they gave us upper tier I think it was about 4,000, holds more but they didn't use all rows, something to do with knowing that fans standing was not safe.

We had over 10,000 in 1979-80 game, all bramall lane end and half of terrace on North side of ground, they were also a few thousand on shoreham end too. 

A few thousand on the kop????

Who the hell told you that?

On 18/10/2018 at 16:37, Olly1996 said:

In the unlikely event someone does have a spare ID, I'd be willing to pay more than face value  please drop me a message 

good luck mate i think your best bet is on the night or day before 

On 22/10/2018 at 21:48, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

A few thousand on the kop????

Who the hell told you that?

Don't need telling, I was there and seen it with my own eyes, looking at kop from away end we had a large area on right hand side, I'd say about 4,000ish. 

Pigs had nowt to play for and we were only a few points away from confirming promotion.

Sat  5 Apr  Sheffield United........ 1-1     2     45,156   Terry Curran

• Like 1

You’re absolutely right Bradowl ... I was in the Bramall Lane end upper with my dads mate.  We also had the corner of the Bramall Lane / John Street corner and a small standing portion of the John Street Stand (left as you looked to their mop, my dad was here, he didn’t want me as a young kid in a standing area hence I was in the upper tier with his mate) but we also had almost half of the South Stand (right as you looked to their koip). The link for the YouTube video of the game shows currans equaliser at 15 minutes and when the teams restart you can see owls fans behind a dugout (i.e. we had half of the south stand). 

• Thanks 1

On 24/10/2018 at 22:53, Hirstys Salopettes said:

You’re absolutely right Bradowl ... I was in the Bramall Lane end upper with my dads mate.  We also had the corner of the Bramall Lane / John Street corner and a small standing portion of the John Street Stand (left as you looked to their mop, my dad was here, he didn’t want me as a young kid in a standing area hence I was in the upper tier with his mate) but we also had almost half of the South Stand (right as you looked to their koip). The link for the YouTube video of the game shows currans equaliser at 15 minutes and when the teams restart you can see owls fans behind a dugout (i.e. we had half of the south stand). 

HS,

At that time the player dug-outs we’re still on John Street, where the old changing rooms were.

That scene after the Curran goal is on the John street terrace, not the South stand , as you can see everyone is stood up behind the white fencing.

The South stand has always been all seater with no fencing.

In those days it was normal for home fans to use the home Shireham St end, away fans to use the Bramall Lane away end.

and the 2 stands down the side were available for anyone to use, no tickets required, anybody could just turn up and were virtually guaranteed to get in.

Edited by sheffsteel

1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

HS,

At that time the player dug-outs we’re still on John Street, where the old changing rooms were.

That scene after the Curran goal is on the John street terrace, not the South stand , as you can see everyone is stood up behind the white fencing.

The South stand has always been all seater with no fencing.

In those days it was normal for home fans to use the home Shireham St end, away fans to use the Bramall Lane away end.

and the 2 stands down the side were available for anyone to use, no tickets required, anybody could just turn up and were virtually guaranteed to get in.

I bow to your superior knowledge ... and of course in those days segregation was far less of an issue 

On 22/10/2018 at 18:07, bradowl said:

Last time you didn't get the upper tier,any bog standard owls fan knows this

• Haha 1