Matias

FF

Winnall - not back yet

Abdi - ? ha-ha

Hooper

Fox - fit yet?

Hutch - fit yet/ever?

Baker

Have I missed anyone?- add them to the players apparently not considered for selection KW, Boyd, Jones - I make that 13 1st team players unavailable for 1 reason or another.

What a joke we are in this position again. Imagine if we weren't such a basket case of a club - how good we could actually be, and how well is JL doing considering?

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Van Aken was in the training pics this week 

all in all it hasn’t really improved since the Carlos days, so less emphasis on questioning the managers (Carlos and JL) and more on the fact we signed absolute crocks 

Not back though, even if training, at least 2/3 games for the U23's will be needed in line with JL's usual policy.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Or the season before that. Every club has injuries - does every club have as many out at one time as we do though? And consistently so?

I can't say I've heard of another club with 10 or more out injured. 

Difference from last season to this though is maybe 4 or 5 youth players have a lot more experience Thorniley/Penney are now first team regulars Baker is not quite ready but can do a job, Neilson does not look out of place when given a chance and Kirkby and Preston offer options from the bench.

All in all we are in a better place than last season.

• Like 1

Abdi is training but seems to be in the same camp as Boyd and Jones- no way back to first team.

Fox- Played in under 23s. Came through fit

Hutch- played 45 minutes. No reaction. looking to do more minutes in under 23s

Winall will play 70 minutes on Saturday(?) in under 23s 

Van Aken has been in full training for 10 days. Will play in under 23s

Matias doing well in treatment. He is in the 4th week of a 6 to 8 week injury therefore 2-3 weeks away.

Forestieri out with hamstring. Scan says few weeks. 

K Lee- no change though heard he was back training.

Hooper- long term new injury. Doubt we will see him again.

Baker- not sure?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Van Aken

K Lee

Matias

FF

Winnall - not back yet

Abdi - ? ha-ha

Hooper

Fox - fit yet?

Hutch - fit yet/ever?

Baker

Have I missed anyone?- add them to the players apparently not considered for selection KW, Boyd, Jones - I make that 13 1st team players unavailable for 1 reason or another.

What a joke we are in this position again. Imagine if we weren't such a basket case of a club - how good we could actually be, and how well is JL doing considering?

It is a lot. I made a virtually identical post a couple of weeks ago and the FF news is massively frustrating as I was excited to finally see him get a run of games in his best position.

But putting a positive spin on it I believe Van Aken, Winnall, Abdi, Fox and Hutch are all in full training and the others should only be out for 2-3 weeks which just leaves the long termers - Hooper and Lee - as sure to be missing by around the time we play the pigs.

Note: Beholder said the same but better and more detailed than I did!

Edited by paulrs

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Hopefully Forestieri will be back for the pigs match. 

Three weeks away so he should be OK. 

Also we will have Winnal and probably Hutch to choose from. 

You are not factoring in the set backs we ALWAYS get 

Or did you mean the pigs at home? In that case they might just make that one 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Are they all just crocks or is something a miss ??

Training ground ? Physios something cant be quite right can it ?

Ps Is Hooper actually done I haven't heard a update

They’re crocks

And no to those saying it happens at every club 

If that’s the case, draw me up an injury list for these said clubs, which can compare to ours over the past year 

I’ll wait 

Edited by FreshOwl

One of the problems is that if conditioning/training is poor and you pick up injuries it’s often a downward slope and you’ll continue to pick up those injuries more frequently in the future than if they never happened. 

Unfortunateky we did sign a few crocks, but I also think our last regime turned some of our players into crocks.

In defence of current training and the medical staff, aren’t a few of the current injuries impact based? Unavoidable.