Fernando injured

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yes please. It's common knowledge that we need to sell to balance the books. FF is one of the few players who could still command a fee that could make a significant dent in out p&s requirements. His contribution over the last 18 months has been small compared to our other valuable players such as reach and bannan. So yes selling him if he can still command a decent fee would be a sensible option for me and preferable to losing either of the other 2. Let's also not forget he's not getting any younger. His value will only go down from here. All well run clubs know when you cash in the chips.

Surely if you think that then football experts would value him somewhat lower than you anticipate, anything over six million would surprise me.  He has more value in keeping him and getting promotion.    All well run clubs don't sell their best players.   

5 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

How many injuries do we suffer - when we don't even play?

This actually stems from play though... still sucks, mind.

But if it's one thing our team should cope well with by now, and JL too, it's managing a team full of injuries to key players and still turning in impressive performances and/or results.

Still trusting Jos to see us through this too!

5 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Definitely the player we should sell to balance the books if anyone is still prepared to pay decent money for him. Spends half the time injured, suspended or unavailable for some other reason. Even when fit he's inconsistent and spends half the time on the bench. Hugely talented individual but a luxury we can ill afford.

You’re not doing a great job of selling him to potential suitors   :ghoulguy:

Joao needs to be starting then. 

Not the same as Nando, but he brings a bit of pace, trickery and unpredictability up top. 

Real blow this, as I don't think the lumps of Boro would have liked faring off against Nando. 

Shame we don't have Matias to step in. 

6 hours ago, Maxine said:

Such bad news . We need Hooper and Winnall back. 

From what's been seen and said on here Sam's a bit of a warhorse and is busting a gut to get fit and play again , he's probably going to be back very soon. 

Hooper on the other hand is munching his way around the UK golf courses, so personally I have doubts we'll see hoops again in a Wednesday shirt. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

From what's been seen and said on here Sam's a bit of a warhorse and is busting a gut to get fit and play again , he's probably going to be back very soon. 

Hooper on the other hand is munching his way around the UK golf courses, so personally I have doubts we'll see hoops again in a Wednesday shirt. 

Yeah I think Winnall is about back. I'm still hoping we will see Hooper back though in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Yeah I think Winnall is about back. I'm still hoping we will see Hooper back though in a few weeks.

Thing is hooper seemed a mile in front of Sam as far as recovering from injury.. I hate to say it, as a fit hooper on his day is class, especially at this level, but I think he's resigned himself to just running these last few months down, hate to say it, but i know it's incredibly hard to get yourself going and motivated after so long out injured. I smashed the knee up back in 1994, it took me just short of 18 months to walk and run again and didn't play for almost five years, being out for two years and out of the training routine and so far behind, it was incredibly hard to get back. 

34 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Thing is hooper seemed a mile in front of Sam as far as recovering from injury.. I hate to say it, as a fit hooper on his day is class, especially at this level, but I think he's resigned himself to just running these last few months down, hate to say it, but i know it's incredibly hard to get yourself going and motivated after so long out injured. I smashed the knee up back in 1994, it took me just short of 18 months to walk and run again and didn't play for almost five years, being out for two years and out of the training routine and so far behind, it was incredibly hard to get back. 

Ah that is a right shame.