The invisible giant.

Guest The Claw
18 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Seems like everyone away from Hillsborough thinks we're in a false position (should be lower). To be honest that suits me fine, especially if it filters down to opposition managers. We've had some really tough games so far and are still there or thereabouts. Typically, as a Wednesday fan, I'd be more worried if we were super consistent and favourites to go up, and we might even reach that stage this season and I'd really enjoy worrying about it.

Speaking of Reach, spoke very well in his video earlier and sounds confident and realistic.

We could actually do this, under the radar for now but building.

Is anyone else bothered by others ignorance of us in this year's Championship or is it a positive?

were not playing well but getting the results

We probably are in a false position.  I think we were 13th before the Bristol City match.

But Jos seems to know what he's doing.  He's got 3 German sides into Bundesliga1.  

Even if it goes pear shaped, I hope the fans give Jos a fair crack of the whip.

I don't like how so many turned against Carlos after he'd had a bad 3 months.  Pretty sure they'd do the same with Jos if we got hammered by Boro and the Blades.

38 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

We probably are in a false position.  I think we were 13th before the Bristol City match.

But Jos seems to know what he's doing.  He's got 3 German sides into Bundesliga1.  

Even if it goes pear shaped, I hope the fans give Jos a fair crack of the whip.

I don't like how so many turned against Carlos after he'd had a bad 3 months.  Pretty sure they'd do the same with Jos if we got hammered by Boro and the Blades.

I know a lot wanted him out after the Huddersfield play off loss but the majority turned after the loss to the Blades. It wasn't just the loss it was the manner in which we lost. 

6 hours ago, prowl said:

I know a lot wanted him out after the Huddersfield play off loss but the majority turned after the loss to the Blades. It wasn't just the loss it was the manner in which we lost. 

I wanted him gone about three months into our second season , it was obvious the club was going in the wrong direction. The Huddersfield game and the United game were obvious pointers to his ineptitude . I’ve watched Wednesday since the early 90s and that was our most pitiful performance against them by a long way. Even in the dark days or yorath , shreeves etc , we at least turned up for the Derby 

• Like 1

Couldn't give a throw what anyone says to be honest, most people try and convert others to their way of thinking one way or another, whether good or bad and for a variety of reasons. You'll drive yourself silly thinking about all the permutations and trying to change things, that's why just accept whatever is thrown at me and ride out the storm 

If we win tonight I think you would find we were suddenly on the radar. Our performances have been effective rather than spectacular we have not beat a top 6 side to do this will result in a sea chnage I feel. Think it would have happened after West Brom game if we had not trown two goal lead away. Its about building confidence and team have confidence to tackle most teams at the moment its just the final step when we start doing this you will major change in how we are pr=erceived by everyone including the bookies.

Come on Wednesday lets have a win tonight and consolidate in top 6.

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

I wanted him gone about three months into our second season , it was obvious the club was going in the wrong direction. The Huddersfield game and the United game were obvious pointers to his ineptitude . I’ve watched Wednesday since the early 90s and that was our most pitiful performance against them by a long way. Even in the dark days or yorath , shreeves etc , we at least turned up for the Derby 

EXACTLY THIS! 

On 17/10/2018 at 20:52, TommyCraig said:

Seems like everyone away from Hillsborough thinks we're in a false position (should be lower). To be honest that suits me fine, especially if it filters down to opposition managers. We've had some really tough games so far and are still there or thereabouts. Typically, as a Wednesday fan, I'd be more worried if we were super consistent and favourites to go up, and we might even reach that stage this season and I'd really enjoy worrying about it.

Speaking of Reach, spoke very well in his video earlier and sounds confident and realistic.

We could actually do this, under the radar for now but building.

Is anyone else bothered by others ignorance of us in this year's Championship or is it a positive?

You are right, but don't talk about it! SSSSHHHHH!!! Let all the pundits talk about Leeds, Villa, Brentford and the pigs. We will just get promoted by beating the pigs on penalties with Sharp missing the final pen. Wait that was just my dream last night, But i can dream............

15 hours ago, james o connor said:

I get the impression you want everybody out all the time.lol

Seriously we went 2 down against United and got back to 2-2, if we'd gone on and won it he'd have been a hero. We didn't and he became a zero. If it had been against anyone else it might not have caused so much ill feeling. I found the way our heads dropped after the 3rd was very disappointing.

My problem was with the passing around the back and then to the keeper, ok it's appropriate sometimes but not all the time. Not having a shot on target for weeks was another sign of the rot.

Well, looks like we are in a false position after that mess tonight. Tom Lees, what in the name of Waddle were you thinking. Hope we can bounce back straight away but that's four absolutely dire performances out of thirteen and we can't afford that if looking to get involved in the promotion race. Consolidation season after all. Damn.