The invisible giant.

Seems like everyone away from Hillsborough thinks we're in a false position (should be lower). To be honest that suits me fine, especially if it filters down to opposition managers. We've had some really tough games so far and are still there or thereabouts. Typically, as a Wednesday fan, I'd be more worried if we were super consistent and favourites to go up, and we might even reach that stage this season and I'd really enjoy worrying about it.

Speaking of Reach, spoke very well in his video earlier and sounds confident and realistic.

We could actually do this, under the radar for now but building.

Is anyone else bothered by others ignorance of us in this year's Championship or is it a positive?

• Like 2

I doubt very much that those involved in the game, players and managers, especially of those clubs who have played us when we’ve been giving it a go (not Forest obviously), think we’re fighting above our weight. They’ll have acknowledged that we might be a threat as the season develops.

Bubbling under as they say.

I honestly think we will be there or thereabouts by the end of the season but that depends on injuries and stuff like that, hopefully we kick on now and show them that we are good enough and we still go under the radar but that won't happen, teams are starting to take notice of us now which isn't a good thing 

2 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Seems like everyone away from Hillsborough thinks we're in a false position (should be lower). To be honest that suits me fine, especially if it filters down to opposition managers. We've had some really tough games so far and are still there or thereabouts. Typically, as a Wednesday fan, I'd be more worried if we were super consistent and favourites to go up, and we might even reach that stage this season and I'd really enjoy worrying about it.

Speaking of Reach, spoke very well in his video earlier and sounds confident and realistic.

We could actually do this, under the radar for now but building.

Is anyone else bothered by others ignorance of us in this year's Championship or is it a positive?

It's got to be a MASSIVE advantage. I think there is still room for improvement so there's no room for complacency also.

It's always better for Wednesday going into games with both sets of players thinking we are underdogs.

The top 4 have opened up a little gap on the fifth team and there's a bunch down to mid table who can all swap places based on one week ends results. We are well place but we need to consistently put good results together to join that top group.

It's still early in the season, I'd like to see where we are after the Christmas period but we can dream. 

• Like 1

We are not quite there this season quality wise. It’s a long season for players who haven’t played a full season before ( the kids, plus players who have been fringe players for a long time like Nuhiu, Joao, Matias ,). We only really have Lees, Bannan and Reach who have played a full ish season of first team football in recent years.  I just think we will run out of gas

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I doubt very much that those involved in the game, players and managers, especially of those clubs who have played us when we’ve been giving it a go (not Forest obviously), think we’re fighting above our weight. They’ll have acknowledged that we might be a threat as the season develops.

Bubbling under as they say.

lolHe He ..........

• Like 1

Jos is the points accumulator, no question. January could be an interesting month what with the worry of maybe having to sell a saleable asset or 2 tempered by Jos's 100% success rate (so far) in the loan/cheap signings market. Said on here we were going up this season within a few games of Jos arriving and see absolutely no reason to change my prediction. There will be bumps along the way, I'm sure, but unlike our previous incumbent in the managerial office Jos seems to not just have a plan b but also plans c, d, e and f! 

Don't know how he's done it (I'm edging towards luck given his previous appointment) but DC has struck gold with Jos.

Edited by Almat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, prowl said:

The top 4 have opened up a little gap on the fifth team and there's a bunch down to mid table who can all swap places based on one week ends results. We are well place but we need to consistently put good results together to join that top group.

It's still early in the season, I'd like to see where we are after the Christmas period but we can dream. 

A little gap?......if we have a decent win tomorrow we will be 4th!

9 hours ago, prowl said:

Very true.  We need a win today, because the gap is starting to widen, at least between the top 3 and the rest, maybe the gap is real, maybe it's just conversation, but it's there all the same.  Middlesbrough is beatable, they're a defensive team, 6 goals conceded across 12 games...but they only score a goal per game.  Can their defense hold back our offense?  Not if we, attack, attack, attack.  Can our defense hold back their attack, probably.  

We've done the things successful teams need to do, and that is win games where we weren't the better team. We haven't done this enough for it to be, or to be seen as, a trait. Nor have we won many by total domination.

This is why no one thinks we are a threat yet.

Continuing doing what we are doing and add a few demolitions and people might sit up and take notice. Doing this is the difficult bit :-)

Edited by OxonOwl