Wednesday fans born 1990 and since

13 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Surely they will have seen Hirst, Waddle, Di Canio, Carbone etc?

At best they would have just turned 6 when Waddle left, 7 when Hirst left, and an ancient 8 years and 9 months when PDC engineered his departure.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

The best player i have see in an Owls shirt is by far and away Chris Waddle we had him past his best and he was better than any other player in the league in his first season.

It is hard to believe that anyone under 25 cannot remember us being a top flight team in the early to mid 90's we were consistently in the top 8 of English football and if it was not for Liverpool getting all English teams banned from Europe we would have played a lot more European competitions. and I don't count the inter to to as European football WTF: 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The best player i have see in an Owls shirt is by far and away Chris Waddle we had him past his best and he was better than any other player in the league in his first season.

It is hard to believe that anyone under 25 cannot remember us being a top flight team in the early to mid 90's we were consistently in the top 8 of English football and if it was not for Liverpool getting all English teams banned from Europe we would have played a lot more European competitions. and I don't count the inter to to as European football WTF: 

I grew up watching that team in the early to mid nineties. It's amazing that a whole generation have missed out on the good times whereas to me it was just the norm so took it for granted. I can only dream that one day we will be a top 8 prem side.

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I'd hardly say he was past his best.

Won the football writers player of the season in 92/93 season in a league which contained Giggs, Sharpe etc. The only Wednesday player to win this accolade since it's inception in 47/48.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Carbone didn't leave until 1999 - if they can't remember him at 9 years old, what's the point of asking them anything?

They didn't miss much, Carbone Gave the ball away too much for me and was overall a negative on team play. I know some disagree with me but I never rated him. Di Canio though was a proper footballer.

• Haha 2