Commercial department missing a trick

16 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

What about the older fans who might not have internet access

I'd like to bet half the tat in that shop never gets sold.

Are there enough of them who have DVD players but no internet access to make it a worthwhile commercial venture? If so, then I retract my previous statements.

• Thanks 1

I don't want to get drawn into a debate specifically about DVD's.

However, in general, increasing the number of lines is probably not the way for Wednesday to maximise revenue from our retail outlets.

They need to improve the delivery in terms of timing, improve the quality of the product and ensure that products are ordered that will generate demand.

1. Have the kit there on time and in sufficient numbers across the size lines.

2. Use a manufacturer that meets with the fashion and brand expectations of most fans.

3. Have a small but quality line of polos, shirts, hoodies, tracksuits, coats & jackets that look like they have been designed and ordered by somebody relatively current rather than my 78 year old Great Uncle Albert.  The sponsor not falling off after one wash would also be advantageous.

4. Choose the other lines that sell which may include, mugs, pens, footballs, shin pads, posters, badges etc and again offer a limited but quality range rather than a pen that feels like you've just won it on a 10p machine on Blackpool Pier.

Do people actually still own DVD players anyway?  I have most gadgets going but I don't see in todays age of the download why many people would still have one.

47 minutes ago, Watson said:

2012 Board meeting - We are making a fortune in DVD sales so we are going to stop.

detecting subtle sarcasm there mr watson

but tell me at the said board meeting where no money making stone is unturned was it discussed the importance of getting kits out for the start of every future season ?

1 hour ago, Andoverowl said:

Following on from the classic videos thread I can't help thinking the club are missing a few tricks.

Get the memorable games onto DVD and get them in the club shop

League cup final. BDM,93 semi,will to win etc etc.

Picture of Ronnie Starling holding FA cup get it coloured in 

Pictures from Southend game , player pics from 70's,80's,90's

I'm sure there's plenty more others can think of.

Woeful idea.

How many fans are going to get a picture of a player lifting a cup in 1935?

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

detecting subtle sarcasm there mr watson

but tell me at the said board meeting where no money making stone is unturned was it discussed the importance of getting kits out for the start of every future season ?

Dunno can't remember, summat about tell 'em it will be here in a couple of weeks time.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Are there enough of them who have DVD players but no internet access to make it a worthwhile commercial venture?

Bloody good point! In addition to the DVDs, the club should stock VHS copies. All bases covered!

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Woeful idea.

How many fans are going to get a picture of a player lifting a cup in 1935?

If they don't sell well, the club could always bring Ronnie in for autograph signing.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Fair point ....

Ok so what about getting Techno wizard from I.T to sift through available footage and clean it up and get it on that big TV in the ground ..

There's no older footage played on any "montage" during match days ..

Get that Boxing Day match rammed down them scrubbers pre match when they darken our front room...

That Big Tele isn't bring used to its full potential.

That's a start at least .... 

That's a great call, boxing day match rammed down their throats then the lads on the pitch follow suit and get the same result.

Guest LittleG
Just now, LittleG said:

That's a great call, boxing day match rammed down their throats then the lads on the pitch follow suit and get the same result.

Follow it up at half time with the Terry Curran goal, Tudgays strike and the semi final at Wembley

1 hour ago, Andoverowl said:

Following on from the classic videos thread I can't help thinking the club are missing a few tricks.

Get the memorable games onto DVD and get them in the club shop

League cup final. BDM,93 semi,will to win etc etc.

Picture of Ronnie Starling holding FA cup get it coloured in 

Pictures from Southend game , player pics from 70's,80's,90's

I'm sure there's plenty more others can think of.

A DVD of Abdi actually playing for us would be a real collectors item , although it would be a short film.

• Haha 1