Players we've had like Nuhiu in the past?

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You can pick any hardworking, target man/outlet player that has ever played up front for us alongside a more prolific and popular strike partner.

Off the top of my head, McCulloch, Cunningham, Chapman, Booth, Williams, Bright, Sibon, Kuqi, Pearson and Go Go Nile Ranger.

A total lack of general respect and appreciation for the part these players play because a) they're a striker, b) they don't score tons and tons of goals and c) we will always have a large group of thickos (like other clubs) who don't really get the role they play in the team.

Same garbage spouted and reserved for a host of tidy up/simple ball defensive midfielders through the years who too do the graft which allows others to benefit.

I've got to say though, like others, that he is pretty much one of a kind is Adthe.

Hear Hear Bertie Lad !!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You can pick any hardworking, target man/outlet player that has ever played up front for us alongside a more prolific and popular strike partner.

Off the top of my head, McCulloch, Cunningham, Chapman, Booth, Williams, Bright, Sibon, Kuqi, Pearson and Go Go Nile Ranger.

A total lack of general respect and appreciation for the part these players play because a) they're a striker, b) they don't score tons and tons of goals and c) we will always have a large group of thickos (like other clubs) who don't really get the role they play in the team.

Same garbage spouted and reserved for a host of tidy up/simple ball defensive midfielders through the years who too do the graft which allows others to benefit.

I've got to say though, like others, that he is pretty much one of a kind is Adthe.

Wouldn't have lumped Williams if we're talking about Paul Williams in that mould, was more of a busy player but had a bit more intelligence and craft than the others from what I remember.. 

Ranger just deserves any abuse you care as along with Arsenal's greatest ever player (in his tiny little mind) was a total bell end! 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Wouldn't have lumped Williams if we're talking about Paul Williams in that mould, was more of a busy player but had a bit more intelligence and craft than the others from what I remember.. 

Ranger just deserves any abuse you care as along with Arsenal's greatest ever player (in his tiny little mind) was a total bell end! 

Yes but apart from that 

He nailed it !!!!

Didn't he ?......

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Actually, the ball dig get lumped up to Williams. He wasn’t fantastic aerially but he was great with his back to goal and, possibly, the shortest target man around. 

50 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Well, we have to differ.

Shows what a paucity of riches we have (compared to the past) if Nuhui is classed as being other than mediocre.

Furthermore, lack of talent I can accept, but he isn’t even making the best of what he’s got. The bloke hasn’t got himself match fit this season. He needs to lose a stone.

Not the same player as he was the latter end of last year. He isn’t good enough to take liberties.

IMO obviously.

I think he'd look and feel much sharper and fitter if his shirt fitted properly and he tucked his fuckingvest in for starters.  

A lot of this game is played in the mind.

2 hours ago, malek said:

How much of Sibon's poor showing in his only season in The Premiership was down to Danny Wilson's uter incompetence ?

He brought in Sibon to play him as targetman. And he did his best to try and turn him into one. Sibon been totally different type of striker did nothing to make Wilson rethink how to get. the best out of him.

Absolutely.

The issue for Sibon was nobody had seen him play prior to him landing at S6 and people taking the assumption he'd play that way because he was massive.

You would have thought Danny Wilson may have done some research on him before buying him, but we're talking about someone who just didn't have a clue about managing big name players - so probably not.

In terms of players who grafted without scoring too many then Deon Burton. 

In terms of players who played with enjoyment and seemed to like the club without scoring too many then Lee Peacock. 

I started off as a huge critic of Nuhiu but he has really won me over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Thank fizz for your last sentence - an all time Wednesday legend mentioned in the same breath as Big DaveWTF:

That's why I said his goal scoring can't be compared..  As for whether he could play today - the game has changed a lot... he would fly past defences - take the long ball and stroll in to score... I can't picture players doing that today... but doesn't mean he wasn't great at what he did (at the time)...  Big Dave is a bit of a lumbering kind of player - I envisioned Derek to have similar stature and definitely the same amount of enthusiasm...    Let's agree on the enthusiasm part LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Gerald Sibon.

Neither could/can time jumps and both shrunk in stature when going to head the ball.

Both tall - Neither can head a football.

Sibon was some player mind, footwork wise.

Don't think you can compare the 2. Both tall, decent feet for big lad but Sibon was lithe in stature and could strike a ball like Steven Gerrard with his right foot.

Nuhiu is stronger, dare I say it better in the air although can't really jump and is much stronger, other players bounce off him.

Get pace and nippiness around Nuhiu and play it into feet - cause opposition tonnes of problems a la West Brom.

Isolate him and lump it long and he looks shthouse.

I'd start him against Boro with FF/ Joao off him.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Don't think you can compare the 2. Both tall, decent feet for big lad but Sibon was lithe in stature and could strike a ball like Steven Gerrard with his right foot.

Nuhiu is stronger, dare I say it better in the air although can't really jump and is much stronger, other players bounce off him.

Get pace and nippiness around Nuhiu and play it into feet - cause opposition tonnes of problems a la West Brom.

Isolate him and lump it long and he looks shthouse.

I'd start him against Boro with FF/ Joao off him.

Sorry forgot to say Nuhiu also strikes the ball like a Steven but the one more associated with astro physics 

I would have Nuhiu any day over a total waster like Sibon. I don't care that he would give us a moment of genius once every few hours of football. When I look at players for our club I want them to be the best they can be. They can make mistakes and they can take bad decisions, but put the effort in and they'll get my backing. 

Our current group, under Jos, seem to be really working at their trade. This is good for them and damn good for the club. Long may it continue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MartinOwlMan said:

I would have Nuhiu any day over a total waster like Sibon. I don't care that he would give us a moment of genius once every few hours of football. When I look at players for our club I want them to be the best they can be. They can make mistakes and they can take bad decisions, but put the effort in and they'll get my backing. 

Our current group, under Jos, seem to be really working at their trade. This is good for them and damn good for the club. Long may it continue. 

Can't ask for anymore than this ..

Well said "MOM".....

Thankfully Wednesday have never had a striker like Nuhui before.

I've watched Wednesday since 1970 and he's the worst striker I've ever seen down there. He's actually the worst striker I've seen anywhere. 

He'd struggle in worksop echo league. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Thankfully Wednesday have never had a striker like Nuhui before.

I've watched Wednesday since 1970 and he's the worst striker I've ever seen down there. He's actually the worst striker I've seen anywhere. 

He'd struggle in worksop echo league. 

I honestly don't get this reaction.

How did you react when he scored against Leeds, Preston etc at the end of last season?  Did you just grumble about how lucky and generally sh@t you think he is.

It must be tough to turn these positives into something negative

he's not started this season well compared to end of last season but during that period he was on fire.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE