Players we've had like Nuhiu in the past?

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Not so sure about the comparison with Sibon in that there were times when he just couldn't be arsed whereas from reading on here Nuhiu always seems to give 100%. Iv'e only seen him live a couple of times so not really qualified to make a proper judgement.

Really? He gives 100%?

Nuhui doesn’t even look trim and fit to me this season.

I personally don’t think they compare - other than Sibon couldn’t head a ball either.

Sibon played in a bad team (a smoker, unprofessional type, I believe) but was a completely different class.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, alan48 said:

One from the archives - Keith Ellis .

When I saw the thread he was my 1st thought.....Ellis copped some off the fans as being one dimensional and yet like nuhiu there was far more to him  than what some perceived ....you didnt become regular under catterick by being crap and seen as nuhiu figures in every squad it seems you can't do it under joss either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Sibon would walk into our team today,  one of the best players I've seen in a Wednesday shirt.

He was a lovely footballer. Idle and frustrating at times. But I don’t think we got the best out of him - he needed a top class side to ply his trade in. And, unfortunately we weren’t that whilst he was here. He wasn’t a worker.

Another Cantona for me - in the right team.

Yes, he was that good, mentally and football wise.

I saw him at QPR away and he was superb - the “famous” Owen Morrison scored the winner that night.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

He was a lovely footballer. Idle and frustrating at times. But I don’t think we got the best out of him - he needed a top class side to ply his trade in. And, unfortunately we weren’t that whilst he was here. He wasn’t a worker.

Another Cantona for me - in the right team.

Yes, he was that good, mentally and football wise.

I saw him at QPR away and he was superb - the “famous” Owen Morrison scored the winner that night.

Agree with everything you say apart from idle always thought he put a shift in he was just on a different level to most of the squad at the time and most of they couldn't read him. 

Would like to see him with Joao and FF both definitely would blossom alongside him.

1 hour ago, alan48 said:

One from the archives - Keith Ellis .

Funnily enough, this was the first name that occurred to me. But Keith, for all he had his detractors, managed 52 goals in 102 appearances 1955-64.  That would be considered a very acceptable return today. However in his early years with The Owls, he was trying to compete with Roy Shiner who scored 93 goals in 153 games. Keith should be forever remembered for his hattrick in the 7-2 away defeat of Man U. The match was, of course, played on Wednesday (1st Feb 1961).

I would say Sibon as well.

At least for the first part of his stint with us. Remember him signing at the same time as De Bilde - £5m between the pair of them in fees and thinking we're in trouble this season.

He improved however, and arguably stayed on at the club longer than was expected once we started our slide. 

Loved a night out as well did Gerald.

21 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Really? He gives 100%?

Nuhui doesn’t even look trim and fit to me this season.

I personally don’t think they compare - other than Sibon couldn’t head a ball either.

Sibon played in a bad team (a smoker, unprofessional type, I believe) but was a completely different class.

Not doubting what you are saying just going off what I've seen on here. I've only seen Nuhiu play once or twice, last time 4 years ago and Sibon maybe half a dozen times.

9 minutes ago, Watson said:

Agree with everything you say apart from idle always thought he put a shift in he was just on a different level to most of the squad at the time and most of they couldn't read him. 

Would like to see him with Joao and FF both definitely would blossom alongside him.

He could be idle at times. A big game player IMO.

Surprised a top flight Club never came in for him, it would have suited his game (and attitude).

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

To even mention Sibon and Nuhiu in the same sentence makes me feel weird.

One was a Bentley the other, a knackered old tractor.

Neither can head a football, Both have height. That was the point.

Tractors are useful - I would have said an Allegro.

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

You have watched Nuhiu play haven’t you? You should know that he actually can head a ball. 

To his full potential?

With his height he should be as dominant as Crouch was in the air.

He  Isn’t. Very poor in the air.

Also ATM carrying a load of timber and not match fit IMO.

John Pearson for me ..

100% Wednesday 

Would "Take a Bullet" for the club.

As @torryowl says in his post Atdhe must be doing something right in Jos's eyes .

He's the modern day equivalent of Pearson difference being the Big Man takes "Verbal Bullets" instead of real ones ..

Both were and are a credit to the club...

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

John Pearson for me ..

100% Wednesday 

Would "Take a Bullet" for the club.

As @torryowl says in his post Atdhe must be doing something right in Jos's eyes .

He's the modern day equivalent of Pearson difference being the Big Man takes "Verbal Bullets" instead of real ones ..

Both were and are a credit to the club...

True but I'd have to pick at least ten Wednesday lineups before they would come into the reckoning.

26 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I would say Sibon as well.

At least for the first part of his stint with us. Remember him signing at the same time as De Bilde - £5m between the pair of them in fees and thinking we're in trouble this season.

He improved however, and arguably stayed on at the club longer than was expected once we started our slide. 

Loved a night out as well did Gerald.

How much of Sibon's poor showing in his only season in The Premiership was down to Danny Wilson's uter incompetence ?

He brought in Sibon to play him as targetman. And he did his best to try and turn him into one. Sibon been totally different type of striker did nothing to make Wilson rethink how to get. the best out of him.