Players we've had like Nuhiu in the past?

15 hours ago, alan48 said:

One from the archives - Keith Ellis .

Sorry, can’t agree with you.

Keith Ellis was the best header of a football I ever saw in a Wednesday shirt.

Just to balance it up though Nuhiu is much more skillfull with the ball at his feet than Ellis was.

I'm a Nuhiu fan .. for most of parts of his Wednesday career with us but he is lightyears behind Gerald Sibon ..

He definitely split the fan base in relation to his work rate and stuff but the quality he had was unquestionable. One of my favourite Wednesday players and he certainly help keep us up with some of his goalscoring, digging us out of a hole when we had a team full of garbage players.

For Nuihu comparisons, i'd say Andy Booth

Colin West is by far and away one of the worst strikers I've ever seen at S6 and as this thread shows we've had a few over the years. I can't really include Nuhiu in this list as if he didn't offer something then he wouldn't have lasted as long as he has done here. I suspect there would be a few championship clubs that would take him from us given the chance? As always he'll play his part this season.

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Thanks 1

Bizarrely, at times, Nuhiu reminds me of John Ritchie. Ritchie was an old fashioned centre forward who took no prisoners. I remember one game against Chelsea "hard man", Ron "Chopper" Harris tried to stop Ritchie as he bore down on goal. Ritchie even lost his shirt as Harris tried to kick him, punch him and drag him back but he couldn't even slow him down. Ritchie just ploughed through Chelsea's hard man and nearly had the time and strength to reverse over the wreckage. I suppose these days, it would be a foul and he'd get booked for allowing his shirt to be removed. That, however, is where the similarity ends.

10 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Colin West is by far and away one of the worst strikers I've ever seen at S6 and as this thread shows we've had a few over the years. I can't really include Nuhiu in this list as if he didn't offer something then he wouldn't have lasted as long as he has done here. I suspect there would be a few championship clubs that would take him from us given the chance? As always he'll play his part this season.

Its mad really I never thought Colin West was bad at all until I came on here.  He was just another Wednesday hero for me when I was 13.

7 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I don’t think he was that bad however I was slightly younger than you when he played.

I do remember that famous penalty into the higher reaches of the Kop which must cloud everyone’s judgement of him.

Ive had a drink with him on a couple of occasions and he is a great bloke with many a story to tell. Likes a beer or seventeen.

Always remember an away FA Cup tie at Ewood Park. I think it was in 1989. West got sent off and the away end cheered as though we had scored and I kid you not we played better with ten men than we did with eleven. Says it all when the best manager in my lifetime as a Wednesday fan got shut of him virtually as soon as he walked through the door. Bloody awful player IMO?