Players we've had like Nuhiu in the past?

1 minute ago, Watson said:

True but I'd have to pick at least ten Wednesday lineups before they would come into the reckoning.

That's not the O/P Watson ...

The O/p wasn't asking for a best Wednesday 11

He also didn't want this thread to become a "Slagging" off session..

You are having a bit of a dig at both my friend here ..

What's with the tiny 5 in the corner? 

Seen these random numbers appear quite a lot on your posts 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

To his full potential?

With his height he should be as dominant as Crouch was in the air.

He  Isn’t. Very poor in the air.

Also ATM carrying a load of timber and not match fit IMO.

I agree that he doesn’t head to his full potential but he isn’t poor by any means. 

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That's not the O/P Watson ...

The O/p wasn't asking for a best Wednesday 11

He also didn't want this thread to become a "Slagging" off session..

You are having a bit of a dig at both my friend here ..

What's with the tiny 5 in the corner? 

Seen these random numbers appear quite a lot on your posts 

I like to take threads in different directions, live life on the edge me.

I haven't slagged anyone off not my style, I have criticised Nuhiu in the past but was pleased he proved me wrong last season.

The numbers are for cataloguing reasons, amassing a massive database.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Watson said:

I like to take threads in different directions, live life on the edge me.

I haven't slagged anyone off not my style, I have criticised Nuhiu in the past but was pleased he proved me wrong last season.

The numbers are for cataloguing reasons, amassing a massive database.

You need the bosom of a Solid woman to "lose yourself" in Watson ...

Database FFS .:tango:

350full-nurse-gladys-emmanuel.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Derek Dooley springs to mind.   Big lad with an eye for goal - from what my granddad and dad said he was basically a target man - just lob the ball to him and off he goes.   Not sure if a player like Dooley would make it in today's game BUT he was a phenomenon for his time.. And before I get shot down in flames (LOL) Derek definitely scored a lot more goals that Atdhe...

Derek Dooley will be turning in his grave at a comparison with Nuhiu.....64 goals in 63 games including 46 in one season and you aren't sure if he'd make it in today's game?....are you nuts?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Derek Dooley springs to mind.   Big lad with an eye for goal - from what my granddad and dad said he was basically a target man - just lob the ball to him and off he goes.   Not sure if a player like Dooley would make it in today's game BUT he was a phenomenon for his time.. And before I get shot down in flames (LOL) Derek definitely scored a lot more goals that Atdhe...

Thank fizz for your last sentence - an all time Wednesday legend mentioned in the same breath as Big DaveWTF:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Derek Dooley will be turning in his grave at a comparison with Nuhiu.....64 goals in 63 games including 46 in one season and you aren't sure if he'd make it in today's game?....are you nuts?

For once I agree here ..

Not comparible in the slightest. ...

Totally different players,

Totally different animal,

And Dooley was an Animal according to my dear Dad ...

42 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I agree that he doesn’t head to his full potential but he isn’t poor by any means. 

Well, we have to differ.

Shows what a paucity of riches we have (compared to the past) if Nuhui is classed as being other than mediocre.

Furthermore, lack of talent I can accept, but he isn’t even making the best of what he’s got. The bloke hasn’t got himself match fit this season. He needs to lose a stone.

Not the same player as he was the latter end of last year. He isn’t good enough to take liberties.

IMO obviously.

You can pick any hardworking, target man/outlet player that has ever played up front for us alongside a more prolific and popular strike partner.

Off the top of my head, McCulloch, Cunningham, Chapman, Booth, Williams, Bright, Sibon, Kuqi, Pearson and Go Go Nile Ranger.

A total lack of general respect and appreciation for the part these players play because a) they're a striker, b) they don't score tons and tons of goals and c) we will always have a large group of thickos (like other clubs) who don't really get the role they play in the team.

Same garbage spouted and reserved for a host of tidy up/simple ball defensive midfielders through the years who too do the graft which allows others to benefit.

I've got to say though, like others, that he is pretty much one of a kind is Adthe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1