Early 90’s Classic SWFC Videos

I used to hate those season reviews where 90% of the games consisted of fake commentary i.e. not live. I just felt that it took some of the spark away.

Anyone who ever owned or watched the 1995-96 season review will remember just how much of a buzz kill the matchday commentator in that video was.

On a happier note does anyone know the name of the narrator of the video in "The Will to win"? his voice is brilliant.

UTO!!!

Edited by Kosovo'sNo.9

12 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I didn't think they made a 94-95 season video. My first visit to Hillsborough was during that season but when I asked the staff in the club shop about it the following season they said a video hadn't been made. I didn't have the Will to Win but I had all the season reviews up until 2012 promotion season.

Did John Helm ever work out how to pronounce "Wednesday" properly?

Wedensday

How hard is it ffs ?

These videos taught me how to be a Wednesday fan and play football.

I was hooked on them, every weekend I'd stay with my Dad who had them all in his collection.

To a little lad the music was like something from the space age. The passion really resonated with me, "this cups arrs" - fantastic, whoever that was.

The Hyde Park training sequence! I recently walked through Hyde Park, and I couldn't help but imagine myself with a 90s umbro tracksuit on. I was transported right back to those videos.

I don't think people watch DVDs anymore unfortunately.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:13, BigBlueDan said:

How come there are no season reviews available of the bad old days, 2002 onwards ? I think there's one of the promotion season (04/05 ?) but then they stop up until the 2011 promotion season ?

I have them all since 90-91 and they still did them after promotion season 04/05 but was all seem to be done in house and not very good quality. Didn't produce one after relegation season until 2012 promotion. Stop doing them after 2014 as they didn't sell which is a shame as would have liked one for our play off seasons especially Wembley season but I guess everything is on youtube now

Edited by cfox198

On 17/10/2018 at 15:02, cfox198 said:

I have them all since 90-91 and they still did them after promotion season 04/05 but was all seem to be done in house and not very good quality. Didn't produce one after relegation season until 2012 promotion. Stop doing them after 2014 as they didn't sell which is a shame as would have liked one for our play off seasons especially Wembley season but I guess everything is on youtube now

Pity there are seasons missing. Would love to see the bad old days under Turner, or league 1 under Irvine/Megson etc. And the Brian Laws years 

On 16/10/2018 at 10:40, Hitcat said:

Was on the kop that day, a good example of why you should never rely on results from other matches. I remember Look Leeds having a good gloat showing kids crying and playing Roy Obison's it's over. A lot of us said we were far too good to go down and I suspect we were right because what a 4-5 years that followed.

On 16/10/2018 at 12:32, punkskaphil said:

Here he is describing Mark Pembridge's "trusty right boot". That's the predominantly left-footed Mark Pembridge, by the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTBd1jCiBBE

This was the match where a Millwall fan ran on and told Kevin Pressman he wouldn't make it out of the stadium alive. I was at the game and little did I know I wouldn't see Wednesday win again for the next eight years...

that's the fella.......awful commentator

On 19/10/2018 at 07:52, BigBlueDan said:

Pity there are seasons missing. Would love to see the bad old days under Turner, or league 1 under Irvine/Megson etc. And the Brian Laws years 

Same here liked watching them back however good or bad we was watching games and goals back which I attended brings back memories of the games and days following the owls. The Brian Laws seasons were all available on dvd plus a derby double dvd which was free to season ticket holders from what I remember 

On 16/10/2018 at 17:34, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

I used to hate those season reviews where 90% of the games consisted of fake commentary i.e. not live. I just felt that it took some of the spark away.

Anyone who ever owned or watched the 1995-96 season review will remember just how much of a buzz kill the matchday commentator in that video was.

On a happier note does anyone know the name of the narrator of the video in "The Will to win"? his voice is brilliant.

UTO!!!

Roger Greenwood