Brexit

Hillsbrexit  

502 members have voted

1. 1. Stay, upgrade..or..new Stadium

• Stay at Hillsborough and upgrade
    • New Stadium

I voted with my heart, Hillsborough means so much to me & my family so It had to be stay where we are.

However my head also tells me that the longer DC goes without doing anything then moving will become the eventual option.

Guest addedtime

I like the symmetry between our £350k transfer limit, and the £350m NHS money that the idiot "leave" voters fell for in the scaremongering campaign!

Leave and we'll get 350 million a week to spend on players. Let me get spray can out and go put it on the side of a stagecoach going down Penistone Road. Job done, bound to leave. lol

(i actually want to stay, also when is the international break over? please be over!! please!!)

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

This is the quietest I’ve ever known owlstalk. I’ve even considered going to the other darker mysterious sections of owlstalk but it’s not got that bad just yet.

Dont go in the politics sections.............................. some reyt wierdo`s in there. lol

• Haha 1

My heart says stay.

I'd be more than happy staying, the ground will outlast me.

I love the four sides, I love the feeling I get as I walk in the ground (it's never changed in 30 odd years).

But I voted to leave.

Regardless of my views at some point the future needs to be protected.

Some of my reasons...

* All four stands are in need off a rebuild.

~ Maybe not the south but I'd rebuild that for the leg room on it's own.

* Limited room around the ground for expansion, for example the building of a fan park, further car parking, corporate facilities.

* Poor car parking (only going to get worse).

* The disaster, the ground will always be remembered for it, and rightly so but we as a club need to move on.

* It's situated next to a river that could flood again.

History is one thing, but the club knew in the past if it was to progress it needed to move on and you can't hold on to yesterday at the expense of the future.

A future which doesn't include us, just the club.

It would be a sad day, but there you go.

The biggest challenges would finding a suitable location and then creating a stadium that is something different and makes us standout.

Of all the new grounds I've visited the best has to be Stadium MK (such as waste).

But i'd like to think we could add a bit of magic.

On 14/10/2018 at 21:42, FreshOwl said:

So what’s the reason for some wanting to move, just the fact we’ll have a shiny new stadium? What other benefits will we get which aren’t available at hillsborough? Not having a go, generally interested and probably don’t know a few things 

Hillsborough is antiquated , on a poor piece of land with no room for additional facilities . It’s also In a poor area transport wise with poor parking . The area it’s in also holds back non matchday revenue significantly . 

Part of me still loves hillsborough but it’s a money drain and is the main reason why clubs like derby make so much money than us . Even Rotherham’s non matchday income is higher than ours 

Redevelop.

I don't buy into the new stadium arguments of increased non-match day revenue and stadium position. United have a city centre location, offices, hotel etc etc, and they still have no money for transfers except from what comes from selling their star players.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Hillsborough is antiquated , on a poor piece of land with no room for additional facilities . It’s also In a poor area transport wise with poor parking . The area it’s in also holds back non matchday revenue significantly . 

Part of me still loves hillsborough but it’s a money drain and is the main reason why clubs like derby make so much money than us . Even Rotherham’s non matchday income is higher than ours 

Can you show me any numbers to back up your assertion. 

On 15/10/2018 at 19:10, asteener1867 said:

Upgrading...why knock the North down?....or the South/..The North is a listed building isn't it?

I’m not sure if the North is listed? That would cause problems. It needs upgraded for sure and the Kop and West stand both need flattening and replacing 

• Thanks 1