Nuhiu, Palmer, Pelupessy, Dawson et al

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

When snooty or holmowl or a different showoff brainiac pulls my strings I'm unstoppable...go on..try me.

I've just emailed Ryan about where he's gone wrong with Spain.

Can you recommend a good moisturiser for my Autumnal dry skin issue Costello?

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

How to be a true fan lesson no.78

Never criticise any player regardless of performance. 

Complain that posters on a forum for sharing opinions have a differing opinion. 

When posters make vaild criticism scream at them and use the word SCAPEGOAT over and over despite it making zero sense. Criticism isn’t scapegoating

1C88C441-CBF3-49AA-AA40-EF33805E606B.png

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

The four mentioned are all decent championship players , to be honest we have a large proportion of thick fans . Unfortunately it really is that simple 

You’ve often been critical of things and I tend to like and enjoy reading your posts.

Lately though you’ve really being laying into lots of fans and name calling. You’ve taken it to a new level.

I just feel the need to ask 

B1A3BB0B-F893-4304-B548-09BCDB7A7967.gif

• Haha 1

Can anyone name a time when certain players weren't singled out? 

Ian Taylor, Andy Sinton, Mark Pembridge, Steve Haslam, Jon Beswitherwick, Patrick Blondeau, Danny Maddix, Peter Atherton, etc, etc. 

Is this just what happens 

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

Why people revel in finding fault with their club’s players is beyond me. As a fan base, we’re not alone in criticising our own  players but some of our lot are particularly adept at it. 

Nuhiu, Palmer, Pelupessy and Dawson aren’t the best player in the division but neither are they the worst - they are good (yes, I said “good”) solid steady Championship players that have all contributed in some way to us currently sitting in sixth position in the league just six points behind the current leaders. 

It feels to me that some of our fans won’t rest until they chase these players out of the club. What a sorry state of affairs it would be if these fans hounded out the players they dislike; then again, they’d probably feel satisfied and be raring to go to oust their next targets.

We all want a squad full of world-beaters but it just ain’t going to happen. I wish that some of our fans were more supportive FFS. 

6 points is actually quite a long way off the top, just saying. We're normally around 6 points off the top about this time of the season. 

But agree with sentiments, tbh players getting slated on here is understandable but what really gets my goat is people with agendas against certain players ranting loudly at them all game .

Of course then mistakes will be amplified and positive things unseen.   It doesn't create an atmosphere for players confidence and you may see decent players go into their shell or make stupid mistakes because they have crowd on back.

Palmer and Fox are particularly exposed as they play the flanks.

Look we know they're not world beaters but will shouting 'waste of a wage Fox' get the  best of worst out of him?

Am sure none of those individuals who constantly call players names are on Owlstalk anyway. We're all far too intellectual in here for neanderthal ranting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

You’ve often been critical of things and I tend to like and enjoy reading your posts.

Lately though you’ve really being laying into lots of fans and name calling. You’ve taken it to a new level.

I just feel the need to ask 

B1A3BB0B-F893-4304-B548-09BCDB7A7967.gif

Not name calling , for me slagging off decent championship players and a manager that is doing really well is a little bit stupid. I find it ironic I’m usually criticised for being negative , now maybe I’m too pro Wednesday :duntmatter:

thanks for the concern though , it’s sweet 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Not name calling , for me slagging off decent championship players and a manager that is doing really well is a little bit stupid. I find it ironic I’m usually criticised for being negative , now maybe I’m too pro Wednesday :duntmatter:

thanks for the concern though , it’s sweet 

I prefer you negative, much more fun

16 hours ago, shandypants said:

Why people revel in finding fault with their club’s players is beyond me. As a fan base, we’re not alone in criticising our own  players but some of our lot are particularly adept at it. 

Nuhiu, Palmer, Pelupessy and Dawson aren’t the best player in the division but neither are they the worst - they are good (yes, I said “good”) solid steady Championship players that have all contributed in some way to us currently sitting in sixth position in the league just six points behind the current leaders. 

It feels to me that some of our fans won’t rest until they chase these players out of the club. What a sorry state of affairs it would be if these fans hounded out the players they dislike; then again, they’d probably feel satisfied and be raring to go to oust their next targets.

We all want a squad full of world-beaters but it just ain’t going to happen. I wish that some of our fans were more supportive FFS. 

I don't agree with abusive, but if every one had the same opionon it would be full of boring people like you. Sport is very competitive and everyone wants to improve and win. This is a forum to discuss football matters . Good or bad. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shandypants said:

I don't agree with abusive, but if every one had the same opionon it would be full of boring people like you. Sport is very competitive and everyone wants to improve and win. This is a forum to discuss football matters . Good or bad. 

Check every other teams forums and you'll find exactly the same thing. Just another look at me thread .

39 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

Exactly - opening post is ridiculous.

What does she expect? Our hardcore of support is a passionate bunch and want the team to do well whoever plays.

If they play anything near decently we turn them into a hero, if they have an off day we get frustrated.

Does the OP expect us to clap politely throughout the game regardless? 

Wrong sport-wrong club if so