Nuhiu, Palmer, Pelupessy, Dawson et al

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

Players like Palmer stand out as average and it has been frustrating to see him relied on in a supposedly ambitious side.

I'm glad you highlighted Palmer, up there with the most improved players this season

There's a reason the same players get criticised in football at any level and at any club.....and it's usually because it stands out that they are not as good as the others

You support the 11 on the pitch but it doesn't stop you from seeing that certain players in certain positions need improving - we love Bannan but palace moved him on for these exact reasons 

I don’t agree with booing individual players at games, or any form of personal abuse on line. You should be free to criticise on forums, if you feel the situation warrants it. Even then, it’s better if it’s constructive criticism.

2 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

... and, I might suggest, that all four players mentioned always put in 100% and,for that reason alone, they are all worthy of praise.

Exactly, I won't criticise a player playing badly if they keep going and put the effort in. That said though stood watching the likes of buttercup, Jones and Boyd last season and the way they looked disinterested and gave nothing for me they had no excuse for not getting panned by the crowd on match days and here afterwards and deserved plenty. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Nuhiu - was witnessed jumping the queue at Walkley post office

Palmer - once pushed a cat in to the pond at Hillsborough

Pelupessy - parked in a blue badge space at Wadsley Bridge Sainsburys. Twice!

Dawson - caught stealing lose coins from the takings at Worral community centre old persons coffe morning

They deserve everything they get.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

There's a reason the same players get criticised in football at any level and at any club.....and it's usually because it stands out that they are not as good as the others

You support the 11 on the pitch but it doesn't stop you from seeing that certain players in certain positions need improving - we love Bannan but palace moved him on for these exact reasons 

Exactly this^^^^

Why our fans have to be so precious about this i'll never know. 

I think some of our fans just like to proclaim themselves "uber fans" , it's all a bit sad.

The players will all know who are getting criticism every week online. 

Going off Bullens comment the other day on Twitter, it’s clear Dawson will know he’s getting a lot of critism online. Do those people think this will help him when it comes to match days?

19 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The four mentioned are all decent championship players , to be honest we have a large proportion of thick fans . Unfortunately it really is that simple 

Sadly, some truth in this However, one persons opinion, and it is only that, is no less valid than yours or mine

12 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Footballers thrive on confidence, does booing improve the players - no, so lets get behind them

I think it depends on the player as to how they let it effect them.... 

Wouldn't have bothered Roy Keane or that horrible little hobbit Micheal Brown back in the day it would spur them on more. lol

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

A player’s worth is irrelevant in the context of this discussion. I’m talking about supporting players whether they’re top class, average or rubbish. Players rarely play better (I’d go as far as saying “never play better”) when one or more of their “fans” hurl criticism at them. It’s like a disease; fans criticise (often in an abusive manner), the player gets nervous and apprehensive, fans hurl more abuse, the player becomes reluctant to take the risk, more fans join in the fashionable criticism of that player, the player loses confidence and becomes ineffective. Nobody really wins; not even the fvvcktard fans who get some sort of perverse “I told you so” pleasure at a players demise. 

I’m not talking about your groans from the crowd here or even your regular “oh for fvvck’s sake” that you hear at games; I’m talking about your constant criticism and scapegoating of some of our players. 

Do they get booed on the pitch or it is just criticism on social media? 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

And the players know the deal, 90% of footballers probably laugh at the shiit they read in forums, and the schizophrenic nature of some posters 

It may be a fair amount of footballers can't read. :picnic: They are probably laughing at the emojis

5 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Remember not so long ago Reach being made a scapegoat - don’t listen to most fans with re their criticism of players. Most never played the game or managed a team at professional level. 

Most people have never run the country, but they’re still allowed to vote