Favourite Wednesday Goals

19 hours ago, Pulsar said:

I've witnessed first hand all the goals posted so far but i still can't get over Reach's strike v Leeds the other week.

We bang in line with it from our North stand seats and when the ball was on an upward curve it had no right nor possibility of dipping the way it did.

The Leeds lot were screaming "Wheyyyy!" for a reason.

Agreed...you must sit near me cos I thought the same. 

44 minutes ago, walkleyblue said:

My favourite ever moment as a Wednesdayite. Went with my dad, grandad, brother and a whole load more of the family absolutely priceless moment. 

12 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Yep, what a feeling. The beleif that we were definitely going to Wembley. I’ve loved this thread, some great memories.

Yep. Was there with my dad and near a bloke in tears he was so happy he knew we were going

• Like 1

2007 relegation six-pointer dogfight at Millwall... Millwall score practically direct from a corner against Lee Bullen in goal for the injured Lucas... Goal disallowed for a foul on Bullen and Wednesday take a quick free kick and score up at the other end whilst half the Millwall team are still celebrating. Memorable and very funny! (Simek the scorer; 0-1 final score)

Edited by Musn't Grumble

Got to be Talbot round the keeper for me. 

It was the first success I'd seen in my five if supporting Wednesday. Also remember being most happy that I'd be able to watch highlights after the game as League One wasn't broadcast at the time and no YouTube... 

We even had a Playoff-themed mathd lesson the following week at school, all the pig kids looked like they were chewing a wasp. lol

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

2007 relegation six-pointer dogfight at Millwall... Millwall score practically direct from a corner against Lee Bullen in goal for the injured Lucas... Goal disallowed for a foul on Bullen and Wednesday take a quick free kick and score up at the other end whilst half the Millwall team are still celebrating. Memorable and very funny! (Simek the scorer; 0-1 final score)

I was at this one, the emotion of that 30 seconds was just unbelievable, I thought I was going to explode celebrating that!

Guest LittleG

Eric Potts in 1976 against Southend to keep us in the third division. God knows what would have happened if we had been relegated

3 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Remember it well Feb 2006 - if you watch the build up its typical Wednesday that we had a 5 on 2 break yet only just managed to get it over the line via a deflection haha

On 14/10/2018 at 20:35, katie melua said:

The second, third and fourth goals of this night - probably just and I mean only just beats the three goals scored away at Leicester in the 4-1 win under Laws.

As a kid this was the first time I saw Wednesday win live (albeit on TV). I proper thought Hamshaw was gunna be awesome after his goal. Unfortunately got ruined by injury