Hull FC U18s 0 v 2 SWFC U18s

13 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

^^ another mystery explained!

This'll be 16th April, the last day of the U18s season

In order to fulfil the fixture list we were required to play two games on the same day

I'd always assumed it was our 'regular' side who went to Barnsley and won 5-2

Whereas the team of youngsters you're referring to played Coventry at home and drew 2-2

I have the scorers down as Rice & Hunt - both were short of their 16th birthdays at the time

No idea who scored those five goals at Barnsley though

I had to rely on the OS for details, line-ups etc - they're still erratic from time to time but thankfully things have improved since the 15/16 season 

That's the game.  I'd forgotten they had two games on the same day. This season the website have been putting the lineups up consistently for a change instead of the odd games.  Still haven't put profiles up though.  If you click on the teams heading there are first team, U23 and U28 profiles sub headers come up but only the first team have been completed. Farmer and C Reaney must have been highly rated at the time to play in that game. 15/16 would have made them U14's if they are first year scholars in 18/19.  The Coventry team probably had 18 year olds in it!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, malek said:

Sorry, but was that in 1:0 win against Gothenburg ? That is the first time I heard of Hunt, Shaw and couple more. Not sure if Farmer played in that game, though.

Don't know about that game.  See post above it appears we had two games on the same day hence the very young side.  

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:04, Etchesketch said:

Do you know who the sub was who came on for L'Varn Brandy John?  On the Wednesday site it says Brandy(Has he a brother or is it a misprint?) and on Youthhawk.com it says tbc.

Substitute was Eliot Vaselo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Can I just say how refreshing it is to see not just the club showing interest and dedication to our younger age groups but seeing the obviously dedicated fans (and parents) in this thread.

You're a credit to the club

Well said, though I think there’s always been that interest amongst the fan base, which hasn’t always been reflected in the information coming from the club. Even that’s getting better now

• Like 1