Hull FC U18s 0 v 2 SWFC U18s

I get the feeling a fair few of these lads will be fast tracked over the next couple of seasons or so and given the amount of first team players out of contract next summer this will probably need to happen?

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, malek said:

Big fella who moves around pitch well and scores goals, can fit in cb role as well.

Looking at what I just wrote, can't help myself but to notice certain similarity to Carlton Palmer's playing style.

Considering how little I've seen of Shaw, I might be totally off mark on this.

I really like what I seen of Shaw. Tremendous prospect. Played CB one of games I saw and he was totally commanding. Could see Jos looking at him in due course for that CB / pushing into defensive CM role that Hector is playing at the minute  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dfoster said:

I really like what I seen of Shaw. Tremendous prospect. Played CB one of games I saw and he was totally commanding. Could see Jos looking at him in due course for that CB / pushing into defensive CM role that Hector is playing at the minute  

From litle I've seen in his career so far, let him run the pitch, looks well capable of creating problems for everyone.

Btw. Glad to hear from you mate :happy:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Nah he a Celtic fan mate. 

Oh man these double entendres never work out for me 

:picnic:

I'm chuffed your lad is doing great John.

I also studied the u18 league table earlier and am impressed by the defence, only 5 goals conceded, best in league by a mile.

First team take note.

Anyway I'm not one to give in easily........

does your lad play in baggy shorts when defending the Kop?

:carlosswfc:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

Oh man these double entendres never work out for me 

:picnic:

I'm chuffed your lad is doing great John.

I also studied the u18 league table earlier and am impressed by the defence, only 5 goals conceded, best in league by a mile.

First team take note.

Anyway I'm not one to give in easily........

does your lad play in baggy shorts when defending the Kop?

:carlosswfc:

Mate. You will stone me in public if you ever meet me, i really don’t have a clue what you are on about but i will say ‘yes’ if that helps you along.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Mate. You will stone me in public if you ever meet me, i really don’t have a clue what you are on about but i will say ‘yes’ if that helps you along.

It's probably best, that you don't have a clue i mean

:luhukay:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Thanks again for the update John, really enjoy hearing about the U18’s, especially when they are doing so well.

I agree its good to hear from the perspective of a family member as well, not sure if I've seen that before on OT.  Let's hope he's still reporting on the lad when he's in the first team in the Premier. A couple of years from now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

Its nice to hear that the father of the player is really happy with how his son is being treated.

Also nice that John is engaged with the club that he feels content enough to post on a supporters forum.

Long may it continue and @John O'Brien if you’re still reading. Encourage other parents to post on your threads, would be great to get their opinions as well.

Knowing junior football that could turn into a massive ***** fight. lol But yes if kept as friendly and positive as Johns posts then it would make for good reading.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

We might need a respect line!

I know how junior football can be. Going off topic but in a recent girls under 9 game, a dad jumped onto the pitch to call the ref a f*cking c*nt. The referee was only 15 himself.

The opposition was the junior bl*des.

I would think that's quite restrained for them.  But that is a shocking story in such a small sentence. 

On 13/10/2018 at 20:12, Ethel The Tree said:

Cheers for that

Midfield?

Appeared on the bench four games ago and kept his place in the squad ever since

Wondered if he'd been drafted in from another academy

I first became aware of Lewis Farmer at the end of 2015/16.  At the end of the season for one game the U18's fielded a very young line up that consisted of U16's(J Reaney Hunt, West, Hornsby) but also some U15's(Render, Waldock, Rice, Shaw) and even U14's which were Farmer and Charlie Reaney. Can't imagine being that age and playing for the U18's!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

I first became aware of Lewis Farmer at the end of 2015/16.  At the end of the season for one game the U18's fielded a very young line up that consisted of U16's(J Reaney Hunt, West, Hornsby) but also some U15's(Render, Waldock, Rice, Shaw) and even U14's which were Farmer and Charlie Reaney. Can't imagine being that age and playing for the U18's!

Sorry, but was that in 1:0 win against Gothenburg ? That is the first time I heard of Hunt, Shaw and couple more. Not sure if Farmer played in that game, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

^^ another mystery explained!

This'll be 16th April, the last day of the U18s season

In order to fulfil the fixture list we were required to play two games on the same day

I'd always assumed it was our 'regular' side who went to Barnsley and won 5-2

Whereas the team of youngsters you're referring to played Coventry at home and drew 2-2

I have the scorers down as Rice & Hunt - both were short of their 16th birthdays at the time

No idea who scored those five goals at Barnsley though

I had to rely on the OS for details, line-ups etc - they're still erratic from time to time but thankfully things have improved since the 15/16 season 

• Like 1

unfortunately ive not been available to watch the u18s this season. ive been told by a family member that not only is their some talented players in our u18s team this season but their is a good bond between them on and off the pitch which hopefully will help them finish top come the end of the season

• Like 3