Team for Boro

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Start with Fletcher and Joao, after Fletcher has scored one out of seven attempts, replace him with an under 18.  Put Nuhiu in the U18 team.

That's a great idea.

Middlesborough always worry when Nuhiu plays so we fool them and don't play him. :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Dawson

Lees          Hector         Pudil

Palmer        Onomah       Bannan           Penney

Reach                                  Joao   

Dave

Subs:  Wildsmith

Thorniley

Pelupessy

Hutch

Fletcher

Preston

Kirby

Sorry but  Pelupessy needs to play in place of Onomah IMO for the balance of the side - Other than that agree

58 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Richard?

Nah, Jordan (U18s). Just me fartin about with formations again. It's not even his normal position, normally plays left of a front 3 I think. Was going to put Penney in a back 5, then thought sod it, add a bit of pace and delivery for Joao down the left with both of 'em, seeing as FF is out again. Youth and energy. 

At least its not mi usual predictive text team selection. 

• Haha 1

Since its beginning to look to much like last year on the injury front, 11 that are fit to start and a few on on the bench with some u23s mixed in.. Still baffles me how other teams get players back from injury during international breaks and we get more injuries especially as most of the squad havnt been called up to play?? 

37 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Please keep putting Nuhiu down folks, hopefully he'll make you look like plonkers again.

Does it take him needing a point to prove to get going? Last year, everything aligned for him.

- He wanted to prove the fans wrong.

- He wanted to keep his shirt. Keeping Rhodes out the team.

- He wanted a new contract.

I wonder if Jos has set him some achievable goals, but then again with Winnall coming back, competition limits opportunities but hopefully we'll reap the benefits on the pitch.

14 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Tempted to start two players who aren't scoring at the moment & not really got going this season & to leave our top scorer on the bench.

:ghoulguy:

What exactly was so tempting you? If we start with Anthony Poo Hoo & Flusher on Friday, I'll cry, and be a mardy bum all night on OT.

You do know what “tempted” means don’t you? I also qualified my temptation when I stated the I was tempted to pick Nuhiu and Fletcher for their physicality - do you know what “physicality” means and, if so, could you see that I implied that this was to counter Middlesbrough’s powerful defence? Did you also see where I wrote that I would not yield to my temptation but would pick Joao instead of Fletcher because Joao had scored last match? 

Oh dear. Some people seize on every chance.....

6 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Please keep putting Nuhiu down folks, hopefully he'll make you look like plonkers again.

Yeah, he made us all look like plonkers when Jos subbed him off against West Brom and we then had no-one up front to hold up the ball. 

No player at the club other than Nuhiu can effectively play the target-man role. Fletcher has the potential to hold the ball but tends to work the channels more than play with his back to goal. 

Jos will be calculating how he can get roughly 120 minutes each out of Joao, Fletcher and Nuhiu v Boro and QPR.

He won’t be looking at the Boro 90 minutes in isolation like we mostly do.

I strongly suspect Joao will start tonight. He alone provides pace, along with the massive benefit that he is fifteen foot eleven.

59 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You do know what “tempted” means don’t you? I also qualified my temptation when I stated the I was tempted to pick Nuhiu and Fletcher for their physicality - do you know what “physicality” means and, if so, could you see that I implied that this was to counter Middlesbrough’s powerful defence? Did you also see where I wrote that I would not yield to my temptation but would pick Joao instead of Fletcher because Joao had scored last match? 

Oh dear. Some people seize on every chance.....

I’m starting to think zzmdu is Lucas Joao’s Mum. 

Anyway now that FF is injured, I expect Joao will start in that left side position with Fletcher or Nuhiu up top. Reach playing off the right 

Still should be going 4-3-3 tonight we are at home and need to be positive

Dawson

Palmer.          Lees.            Hector.         Penney

Onomah.     Pelupessy.       Bannan

Joao.           Fletcher.        Reach.   

Swap Fletch for Nuhiu after 60mins 

Going to be a big night for our defence. Stopping and dealing with crosses has been a bit of a sore point. I agree we will need to have our most physical/tall side out but I don’t think we can beat them at their own game. It’s a shame FF or Matias can’t play as they’d be ideal to cause problems against a team of giants (if kept on the floor of course).

Edited by Bluesteel

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

Yeah, he made us all look like plonkers when Jos subbed him off against West Brom and we then had no-one up front to hold up the ball. 

No player at the club other than Nuhiu can effectively play the target-man role. Fletcher has the potential to hold the ball but tends to work the channels more than play with his back to goal. 

I meant putting him down as in slating him not, not picking him. Soz.