Team for Boro

There's a stopper in Van Aken somewhere and wonder if Hector's influence with 3 centre halves can bring it out.

With Van's height and distribution prowess, maybe Boro 's game to include him again.

Main thing though, stop supply to their big boys and no daft free kicks this game.

On 14/10/2018 at 01:15, S72 Owl said:

Would personally start like that. 

Let Fletcher battle with there big centre backs and bring Joao on for the last half hour and use his pace.

D8558B11-D28C-4600-B155-64D35BB07FCF.jpeg

I reckon that's gonna be it unless he goes for Dave to try and match them physically for height in both boxes. 

Fletch also went off injured vs Bristol, right?

10 hours ago, Bukta said:

He told somebody I know on Friday evening. Didn’t say exactly what it was, just that he may be out for a week or two. 

Rumour I know but I wouldn’t be surprised at this.

He looked far from 100% against Bristol City and appeared to be really struggling by the end of the game , after only playing for 30 mins.

Hope it’s not his bad knee again 

Joao has to start. 

Against a tight packed and organised defense he tries things that other strikers can't. 

343 can become 442 if midfield is getting swamped by pushing up Hector. 

Joao

Fessi.      Reach

Penny Bannan Onomah Palmer

Pudil Hector Lees

Dawson

41 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Joao has to start. 

Against a tight packed and organised defense he tries things that other strikers can't. 

343 can become 451 if midfield is getting swamped by pushing up Hector. 

Joao

Fessi.      Reach

Penny Bannan Onomah Palmer

Pudil Hector Lees

Dawson

5 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I won’t be disappointed if Joao starts, he took his two goals very well. But his overall play was fairly disappointing, namely being bullied out of the ball and losing possession a few times, against a weaker defence than Boro. 

I rate Fletcher very highly and feel he should start when fit.

I also think Forestieri and Reach should start as they are our best players, who can create and score from very little, and Boro have recently lost to teams like Forest and Norwich who aren’t giants. Players like Pukki and Lolley have scored goals against them. And we still have tall players like Hector, Lees, Pudil, Fletcher etc to help at set pieces 

Personally i’d Start with Fletcher and bring Joao on after 60 minutes when his  quick feet and extra pace can cause a tired defence problems 

Wow! The scary thing is you've got people plussing this post.

Why do a significant amount Owlstalkers seem to not value goal scoring?

Yes you're right lets rush Fletcher back to replace Joao :ghoulguy:

13 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

One of Fletcher or Nuhiu start every week anyway. so against a big team like Boro we will definitely start with one then after 60 or 70 mins we will probably have both on there.

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

One of Fletcher or Nuhiu start every week anyway. so against a big team like Boro we will definitely start with one then after 60 or 70 mins we will probably have both on there.

Do you want Joao ( 6 foot 5, best defensive header for opps set pieces & top scorer) to start or Fletcher?

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Sorry people probably don’t realise that any opinion that differs from your own is wrong. These types of threads will be entertaining when we all have to agree on the same line up. Though they are usually a waste of time anyway as Jos usually springs a surprise or two, so why anyone would get so annoyed by people’s choices is beyond me. But fair enough if others think it matters 

Might be a game for Big Dave. He always plays well against Boro and he might be the right choice to play up top and move the centre halves around and he may occupy a couple. Think Joao would get bullied if played centrally and I think Fletcher is better away from home as a conventional target man.

Dawson

Lees

Hector

Thorniley

Palmer

Onomah

Bannan

Penney

Reach

Dave

FF

Bench;

Wildsmith

Baker

Pudil

Joey

Hutch

Joao

Flecher

43 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What Joao we getting one that turns up for 90 mins or one that turns up for 15 mins.

The one that scores goals, which are winning  matches.

Joao scored 5 goals, 9 app, contributing to 3 wins.  These numbers suggest he is turning up more than the other strikers.

But no, lets concentrate on the WBA equaliser, when Penney put a bad cross in, Barns walked through 4 defenders/midfielders. All Joao's fault apparently.

Some player, inc Fletcher & Nuhiu seem just to get away with some right gash performances, again and again.

Joao or FF, put in a bad twenty minute spell and they get pelters on OT.

He won the game at Bristol and a good % on here what Fletcher reinstated. OT is about different opinions but sometimes, they baffle me.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

The one that scores goals, which are winning  matches.

Joao scored 5 goals, 9 app, contributing to 3 wins.  These numbers suggest he is turning up more than the other strikers.

But no, lets concentrate on the WBA equaliser, when Penney put a bad cross in, Barns walked through 4 defenders/midfielders. All Joao's fault apparently.

Some player, inc Fletcher & Nuhiu seem just to get away with some right gash performances, again and again.

Joao or FF, put in a bad twenty minute spell and they get pelters on OT.

He won the game at Bristol and a good % on here what Fletcher reinstated. OT is about different opinions but sometimes, they baffle me.

Since when has Nuhiu ever got away with a bad performance? He sometimes get slated even when hes been good!

• Haha 1