Team for Boro

22 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Would personally start like that. 

Let Fletcher battle with there big centre backs and bring Joao on for the last half hour and use his pace.

D8558B11-D28C-4600-B155-64D35BB07FCF.jpeg

I see soo many people make this mistake. The balance is incorrect.

Hector is not left footed. One mistake away from being made a scapegoat and people saying send him back.

We have 3 LCB's Thorniley, Pudil and Van Aken.

Hector can step into midfielder and do pelupessy's job and drop into defence when we're in trouble.

14 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Dawson 

Lees  Hector  Pudil

Baker  Onomah Bannan  Penney 

Reach      Forestieri 

Fletcher 

Ahhrrrrrrrr;

What has Joao got to do to warrant a place in the starting line up for you?

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:38, asteener1867 said:

Wildsmith

Baker                                      Van aken                                      Pudil                                            Fox

kieron lee                           Abdi                        Hutch                 

Matias                         Hooper 

Winnal         

Time to find out who's fit or not lol                                      

With this team are you putting yourself forward to shove wheelbarrow for Abdi that would need to be sat in to get round pitch after first 5 minutes.

Our physio line up would need to be equally lengthy as plenty of work to do.

• Haha 1

If anybody predicts correct starting XI we will know Jos has ID on Owlstalk. 

I think we will go 3 at back as think we will do this against better teams. The rest I have no idea, except Reach and Penney will play.

If regular fans have not much idea how we will line up and be set up on evening, just imagine how a control freak like Pulis will be reacting when working out his plan for Friday.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I see soo many people make this mistake. The balance is incorrect.

Hector is not left footed. One mistake away from being made a scapegoat and people saying send him back.

We have 3 LCB's Thorniley, Pudil and Van Aken.

Hector can step into midfielder and do pelupessy's job and drop into defence when we're in trouble.

Ah yes the old myth that you need a left footed, and a right footed centre back. 

Look at all the best partnerships in the world, most of them have two right footed players playing. 

On 13/10/2018 at 18:15, S72 Owl said:

Would personally start like that. 

Let Fletcher battle with there big centre backs and bring Joao on for the last half hour and use his pace.

D8558B11-D28C-4600-B155-64D35BB07FCF.jpeg

We'll win the league with that team, don't know about the game

The team versus West Brom did very well. Bannan was on his ban. Pelupessy got dropped for Bristol City, but we didn't look very good

until Lucas scored twice. So I'll go with West Brom lineup but with Joao for Nuhiu.

Dawson

Palmer Lees Hector Pudil Penney

Onomah Pelupessy Reach

Forestieri Joao

12 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Ahhrrrrrrrr;

Very good point.

Very bad pirate impression.

6’5 on fire striker, against a Pulis Land of the Giants team? Doesn’t take much thinking about really.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Ahhrrrrrrrr;

I won’t be disappointed if Joao starts, he took his two goals very well. But his overall play was fairly disappointing, namely being bullied out of the ball and losing possession a few times, against a weaker defence than Boro. 

I rate Fletcher very highly and feel he should start when fit.

I also think Forestieri and Reach should start as they are our best players, who can create and score from very little, and Boro have recently lost to teams like Forest and Norwich who aren’t giants. Players like Pukki and Lolley have scored goals against them. And we still have tall players like Hector, Lees, Pudil, Fletcher etc to help at set pieces 

Personally i’d Start with Fletcher and bring Joao on after 60 minutes when his  quick feet and extra pace can cause a tired defence problems 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1