João Does He Do It?

Hope Jos can work his magic on Winnal as well, who already has a very impressive 1 goal in every 153 minutes championship record (and that despite his awful mismanagement at the hands of CC). Get the 2 of them up front and firing and the sky's the limit! 

Edited by Almat

18 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

Agree that hes got what it takes to go further. Still a few bits letting him.down though. For someone with such good ball control when moving with it, hes got a terrible first touch at times.

Needs to work on little bits like that and keep on working hard and he could go a lot further.

Strange, as yes, on occasions, his first touch is pretty dire, but on occasions it can be simply sublime

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Strange, as yes, on occasions, his first touch is pretty dire, but on occasions it can be simply sublime

hopefully its these little incosistences he can iron out of his game because if he does, hes going to get a lot more goals. I do also think that he could be a very saleable asset for us if we can keep him scoring. I would rather us loose Joao for decent money than lose Forestieri or Bannan to balance the books if its needed come january. 

I agree with what's said before a good manager has given him confidence and if he is played often (and in my opinion as the central striker in a 3 or as one of a two) he will continue to get better.

The problem if you want to call it that is the number of strikers we have: Joao, Forestieri, Matias, Reach (in a front 3), Nuhiu, Fletcher Winnall and Hooper when he is fit. He needs to be playing week in week out. None of our forward line will be with those options.

On 14/10/2018 at 13:10, Almat said:

Hope Jos can work his magic on Winnal as well, who already has a very impressive 1 goal in every 153 minutes championship record (and that despite his awful mismanagement at the hands of CC). Get the 2 of them up front and firing and the sky's the limit! 

I think he will. He was impressive before we lost him, under Jos I'm expecting even better. Could.he be on the bench on Friday?

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

He only played 45 mins with U23 so I doubt he will be on the bench yet.

I doubt  it really but I cant wait to see him back. 

Like most strikers Joao is a better player when the team is playing in an attacking way.

At Forest we camped on the edge of our own box and our “ strikers “ were playing 20 yd in our own half with their back to goal. Guess what, Joao has a poor game and is subbed.

At Bristol City team were  awful first half hence Joao was poor when he came on. Second half different team performance , two goals from Joao.

Too often we play very defensive, easily done with 5 at the back, and expect our strikers to perform miracles against quality defenders. 

We have some quality front players, Jos needs to make sure we play in a way that gets the best out of them. Yes they need to work hard etc but at least give them a chance.