João Does He Do It?

Its a no brainer for me Joao is the cement who binds the attack and midfield together, gives them and his fellow attacker's so many options.  Either by receiving the ball or making dummy runs.  When his colleagues play close to him his close control and passing come's to the fore. Add his pace and scoring ability why wouldn't you start every game?

19 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Predictably, and Tediously  turned             into a -

"Take the p i s s " 

Out of Atdhe Nuhiu session.

Some things never change !

People should show more Respect......

Looks like they're only joshing, imo every owl has a soft spot for the big man deep down. And they should, because no matter what they think of his abilities, he gave his all when we needed him and were staring down the barrel of league 1 last year.

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

Predictably, and Tediously  turned             into a -

"Take the p i s s " 

Out of Atdhe Nuhiu session.

Some things never change !

People should show more Respect......

Think you're over reacting mate, to me it was light hearted humorous reply's to your post, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Think you're over reacting mate, to me it was light hearted humorous reply's to your post, nothing more.

Don't take it personally. 

I have no doubt that your post was meant in a light hearted and humorous way..............

lol

• Like 1

Absolutely love it from Jos - you train hard, be professional and get your chance.

We’ve had it highlighted that under previous managers some players were undroppable. Don’t get that feeling under Jos - sets the tone through the club.

Really like Joao, think he’s unplayable when on form. Tall, quick, decent feet, eye for goal, scores a variety of goals. Easy 20 goal a season striker if Jos can keep getting the best out of him.

Agree that hes got what it takes to go further. Still a few bits letting him.down though. For someone with such good ball control when moving with it, hes got a terrible first touch at times.

Needs to work on little bits like that and keep on working hard and he could go a lot further.

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The return to form of some of our forgotten men since Luhukay took over has been widely noted, but the way that Lucas João has discovered his shooting boots under his guidance surely warrants a bit more attention.

He's averaging a goal for every 149 minutes of Championship football since Luhukay arrived in January and is scoring at an even more impressive rate of a goal every 91 minutes so far this season.

When you consider that this is a striker who didn't score at all in his ten league appearances for us in 2016/17 and had averaged a goal every 305 minutes in his debut season for us, the turnaround in his form under Luhukay has been tremendous. I'm not sure what happened to make him fall out of favour under Carvalhal, but to think that he only played João for a grand total of 138 paltry minutes of league football before he lost his job last December is quite baffling, really.

If the manager's recent comments are anything to go by, he seems to believe there may be even more to come from João: "If he wants to be in the starting line-up, he has to work very hard in training day after day. It's as simple as that." But for now, all credit must go to both Luhukay and João himself for the way things are turning around for him at Wednesday, and long may it continue.

Still waiting  for the player parley to appear.  

Sloththis.jpg.9c204fe08c2d6c35eff3d7240f6f85f9.jpg

• Haha 1

Joao never lacks confidence, he lacks concentration, drive and discipline. If he consistently shows those last 3 characteristics for any real length of time he will not be here much longer, as that coupled with his ability are a level above. 

It was a huge positive to see him tracking back in recent matches, however his sub appearance vs WBA left a lot to be desired. It's all in his hands. 

Edited by Owls2k

Great to see Joao scoring a few goals and I think most fans would agree he’s got all the attributes to make a top player.  I have to be honest and say his consistency and attitude perhaps aren’t always drawer.  I still believe there’s an even better player than what we’ve seen already; I just hope continues to improve under Jos.

14 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Absolutely love it from Jos - you train hard, be professional and get your chance.

We’ve had it highlighted that under previous managers some players were undroppable. Don’t get that feeling under Jos - sets the tone through the club.

Really like Joao, think he’s unplayable when on form. Tall, quick, decent feet, eye for goal, scores a variety of goals. Easy 20 goal a season striker if Jos can keep getting the best out of him.

Dropping the likes of Forestieri and Hutchinson to the bench following the Brentford game was a massive call which could have backfired quite spectacularly had results not picked up. Thankfully it's so far paid dividends in terms of our performances and will hopefully have a much greater long-term impact on the mentality of the squad as a whole.

Young players now know that if they impress the manager, there's a route into the first team waiting for them, whilst experienced players know that if their performances drop or they don't carry out the manager's instructions to the letter, then he's not afraid to play somebody else in their stead.

Hopefully the whole squad buy into what Luhukay's doing, as it could be the blueprint for a bright future.

:luhukay:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

He very really looks to be playing a 100% to his ability and i think this is what Jos see's. Reminds a bit of leon clarke i  that sense. Last season i saw us at Middlesborough and was in the legends lounge. Bernie slaven commented at half time and full time that Joao was the best player on the pitch and looked a hand full. But then you have his performamce v WBA...... needs to be more consistant and work hard at it...if he does he could be a very good striker...if not he becomes another leon clarke whi has a good season then goes off the boil and ends up at several clubs

• Like 1