Midfield

As far as Lee is concerned I hate to say it, but as others have alluded to he could very likely be done. I a smashed the knee up when I was 20, had 2 years of rehab getting it sorted and didn't play sport for almost 5 years. The thing is everything is linked and has repercussions on other parts of the body, the knees bad at the moment, but the knock on effect is I'm getting pain up through the hip and into  the base of the back on that side and shooting pain between,so just a hip injury is not quite as simple as it sounds it can complicate other areas. 

I do think hutch can still if we can get him fit, be a valuable asset still if managed right. He's one of those with a a bit of a mean steak that leads by example, for instance against West brom for the equaliser if we'd have brought hutch experience on he'd have just taken the booking and cleaned the lad out. 

He can still be a very good sub to have on the bench with experience and the ability to play in several areas, rb, cb, cm, dm if needed. 

Hutch tends to have his best games against better opposition and is less reckless. Look at when we did the double of Newcastle, beat arsenal in the cup or the Brighton games, not forgetting the Leeds game last year when he came back from injury. 

Looking at it if used sparingly off the bench or in those big games where he normally relishes the challenge he can still be a massive influence for us. 

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I can’t believe there is even a debate about whether he’s good enough or not for the bench. He adds everything you have mentioned plus his versatility provides everything you’d want from a sub.

Obviously his fitness is his biggest downside but managed correctly from the bench he would be a great asset.

My point exactly bud, though it seems quite a few on here aren't in agreement. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

My point exactly bud, though it seems quite a few on here aren't in agreement. 

Some people are forgetting some of the performances he has given us, even that semi final when playing injured was brilliant. However, players seemingly need to curb their behaviour in this side, FF for example doesn’t look as good in my opinion as he did earlier in the season when he wasn’t defending, but the team looks a lot better which is the main thing.

Hutchinson plays in a range of positions and surely must be of use. But the question is when does the next injury or two footer cost us!

Edited by Bluesteel