Combating Middlesbroughs physical threat..

Attack them and keep the ball off of them. If they are such an ariel threat then we have to suffocate them and reduce the amount of set plays that they get.

Get some big guys on at the back, wirey ones up front and take a poo in their dressing room.

• Haha 1

Just now, debram said:

The unexpected, it will be baffling but effective, as quite a few selections this season so difficult to predict.

Watson said something sensible .. it's been a while tho..a mixture.

Personally I'd go with FF from the start and pull them around at the back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah he will. What do you think he'll do?

He will get Joao, Nuhiu, Hector, Lees and Thorniley (or Pudil) into a system where we have all of them back for set-pieces. 

Doesnt leave much room for pace for breakaways. 

Boro have scored only 14 and conceded a miserly SIX in 12 games!!!! Jos will take them on in a game of bloody attrition. Cant see either FF or Matias starting. Maybe come on late if we need a goal back. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

He will get Joao, Nuhiu, Hector, Lees and Thorniley (or Pudil) into a system where we have all of them back for set-pieces. 

Doesnt leave much room for pace for breakaways. 

Boro have scored only 14 and conceded a miserly SIX in 12 games!!!! Jos will take them on in a game of bloody attrition. Cant see either FF or Matias starting. Maybe come on late if we need a goal back. 

This doesn't add up with what you've posted about the way Jos attacks the oppo?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

This doesn't add up with what you've posted about the way Jos attacks the oppo?

I’m not suggesting we won’t attack. He played Nuhiu-Joao as a front two with great success last Spring. Goals galore.

Im saying he will want to crowd our box with our giants to counter theirs for set-pieces. He does this every game, but it’s especially vital v Boro to have our biggest and best defensive headers in the side.

Just now, Holmowl said:

I’m not suggesting we won’t attack. He played Nuhiu-Joao as a front two with great success last Spring. Goals galore.

Im saying he will want to crowd our box with our giants to counter theirs for set-pieces. He does this every game, but it’s especially vital v Boro to have our biggest and best defensive headers in the side.

I totally agree.

Middlesbrough are rife for the quick break..or counter attack.

The two loanees are perfect for this game with Nuhiu and FF starting..

You're concerned about them .. for good reason... I think we'll win because we've got a coach who will deploy his assets better.

• Like 1

I live up in North Yorkshire among the Middlesbrough fans,to be honest hey are not looking forward to the trip.especially the thought of Adam Reach coming back to bite them on the bum 

Can't imagine this is going to be free flowing as Jos will set up to combat them.But one of many good test to show what we are about,bring it on.

• Thanks 1