The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

8 hours ago, Mycroft said:

True but when the day comes to move or rebuild which it inevitably will, that the architect and the owners have the typical Hillsborough look in the forefront of their minds. 

I have a terrible feeling that the architect will reach up to a shelf and show the owners grounds from the flatpack catalogue and will be ready in six months. 

Makes you wonder why the hulls and readings went for the bang average ikea look, as well as most other clubs, where’s the creativity and innovation

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Makes you wonder why the hulls and readings went for the bang average ikea look, as well as most other clubs, where’s the creativity and innovation

Because the clubs have no real identities and settle for any old crap and the chairman don't care either.

8 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Are you being serious?

Aston VIlla

Blackburn Rovers

Chelsea

Fulham

Liverpool

Manchester United

Newcastle United

Palace

Still on same site although rebuilt

Spurs

Wolves

Yes i was being serious.

Depends on what needs doing, a lot of those clubs have revamped one stand at a time over years and years, there are many clubs who have done the lot in one go, hence ended up with a new stadium instead. Depends on what actually needs doing at hillsborough and over how long. Closing the kop for a year may not be palatable revenue wise for example. 

26 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Yes i was being serious.

Depends on what needs doing, a lot of those clubs have revamped one stand at a time over years and years, there are many clubs who have done the lot in one go, hence ended up with a new stadium instead. Depends on what actually needs doing at hillsborough and over how long. Closing the kop for a year may not be palatable revenue wise for example. 

Bloody hell, you're making this hard work!

As has been said several times over the course of the thread, you can avoid impacting the revenue stream by starting the work now! There are on average 12,000 empty seats or more at Hillsborough every week, so do the work whilst the demand isn't there, because in the Premier League we would be at capacity most weeks, just like dare I say it the Blunts were in 06/07. So to reiterate;

1. Get remedial work on North and South done to get them back up to full capacity
  2. Start West Stand & NWC now aim to put a 12 to 15k facility in place, lowest tier could be completed in less than one season.
  3. Next do the Kop (could even be done in two stages, lowest tier then upper tier again with 12-15k capacity

Done this way at no stage should the capacity drop below 30-32k which is still comfortably above our current average gate.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

As has been said several times over the course of the thread, you can avoid impacting the revenue stream by starting the work now! There are on average 12,000 empty seats or more at Hillsborough every week, so do the work whilst the demand isn't there, because in the Premier League we would be at capacity most weeks, just like dare I say it the Blunts were in 06/07. So to reiterate;

1. Get remedial work on North and South done to get them back up to full capacity
  2. Start West Stand & NWC now aim to put a 12 to 15k facility in place, lowest tier could be completed in less than one season.
  3. Next do the Kop (could even be done in two stages, lowest tier then upper tier again with 12-15k capacity

Done this way at no stage should the capacity drop below 30-32k which is still comfortably above our current average gate.

If its that straightforward makes you wonder why its not being done yet

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No i don't agree the west needs replacing / doing up..

I'm not interested one iota about it unless it's re -done for our fans and that's not going to happen it's Hypothetical.

As a kid I used to sit up there as a treat 

And liked watching games from there so yes I would love the club to completely renovate/develop Leppings lane but only for "us" not away support. .

I have actually been on the Lepp for home games infiltrating with away fans 

(Mates) and it's one of the best views apart from the crows nest in the ground!!

TEAM FIRST ......

STADIUM SECOND ....

How can being sat fifty foot up behind a goal and 8 pillars be a better view than being fifty foot up on the halfway line with an uninterrupted view ?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Do the students I see coming out every night get free use of the stadium?

Pocket change

30 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If its that straightforward makes you wonder why its not being done yet

Cos, right now the empty 12k seats still wouldn't be filled.

Sort of like moving to some utopian area of sheffield, flood free, crime free with a massive car park that could be used for other events like err.. costa coffee and aldi could have a pitch under one of the stands.

Could have rugby internationals and stuff, maybe the council would have music festivals,

cos Hillsborough ain't suitable..too hard to get to...

Then the arena could be closed down and turn it into a car park.

Foook knows why we didn't move years ago

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Because the clubs have no real identities and settle for any old crap and the chairman don't care either.

Also money. Money & the desperate persuit of profit margins in modern life is making everything look & feel the same, take a look at your mobile phone & every fuuker else's mobile phone. Take a look at every successful city centre, there all starting to look so similar, cars to a certain extent, your wife! Mass production & profits takes over innovation & individuality, it's a modern disease & football grounds are also a victim. Hillsborough needs to stand up as a last bastion to this to this "progress". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

As well as this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wolves completely rebuild the Stan Cullis Stand during a Premiership season, opening the lower tier with temporary seating before the rest was built? So they didn't lose significant capacity during the build.

14 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Building regs in very simple terms dictate that if you are not altering something it does not have to be brought in line with current regs.

For example, if you are not replacing the doors on a refurb then you do not have to ensure they are compliant with fire regs.

If the Air Con has a banned gas in it, you can maintain this system. If you add to this system then it needs to be with the current compliant units but can work along side the old ones.

Bad example because you would never do it but hopefully you get my point.

I was thinking more on the lines of permitted loadings for structures. When the stands were originally built the loadings allowed on the foundations, columns, structural fixings etc would possibly have been more than is permitted today.

If for instance the columns supporting the stands are deemed not to comply with the additional allowance for wind and snow loading that comes into structural calculations now.

Strengthening them with additional steelwork may not be feasible due to cost implications, access or even viewing restrictions.

As I said before I am not saying this is the case just something that would need to be factored in on any feasibility study.

Edited by Hookowl
  • Like 2

Guest Hillsborough Mole

It would make zero sense to knock the North down - theres absolutely nothing wrong with the pitch side of it

43 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

As well as this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Wolves completely rebuild the Stan Cullis Stand during a Premiership season, opening the lower tier with temporary seating before the rest was built? So they didn't lose significant capacity during the build.

Think they just knocked up the bottom tier quick time as opposed to temporary seating. It wasn’t open at the start of the season but soon after and building the roof/second tier continued from there. It cost £18million for a two tiered end Stand about five years ago.

Obviously I’m now an expert in the above having just googled it.

Tea break fact .....

The only Football League Club 

Still playing on the very same footprint /Stadium since the date of inception is....

Deepdale Stadium - PNE.....

Wolverhampton Wanderers are also still in the same spot but are 90° turned and 50 yards away from original footprint ..

I'm on Bourbons and Nescafe Gold Gingerbread latte ..

Enjoy your morning brews everyone wherever you may be?....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I can’t comment on your wife but I agree with the other points.

We need to retain our heritage. This isn’t a sign of resisting progress, it’s a sign of being cultured. The main thing that sets us apart from American franchised cr*p.

This country is also slowly becoming America, which I suppose was always inevitable given the closeness in our culture, money again driving things & America was essentially created by decendents of Brits. Notice how many lead stories on the news are now about America politics & poo over there that should not concern us. I'm also not anti America I like the country but the UK is not America.  Soon the only thing setting us apart will be that we play proper football. Sorry, I must join a political forum...... 

• Like 1