Premier league 2

Lots of correct observations made in the previous posts above...

And lets not forget, the whole reason the PL was created with the top clubs breaking away was for them to get their own tv deal to bring in funds. They felt the EFL had let them down. 

History repeating itself maybe? 

Personally, I think we need a whole new football pyramid due to the financial effects of the PL.

Just consider yourself to be Rotherham. Not quite strong and big enough financially to get out of the Championship, but big enough and strong enough to get out of League 1. 

I also seem to recall Dave Allen basically saying we had the best budget in the league when we got relegated to League 1 in the early 00's. Basically because of our fan base. 

Also, if there is a PL 2 then allowing Rangers, Celtic and Hearts to enter would it would increase the value of the TV package and be good for their business too. 

Guest The Claw
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:58, Plonk said:

Why not have a premier league two three and four?

or we could just call them leagues one two three and four?

bit of a retro thingy :tango:

47 minutes ago, dnhc said:

top division english football of decades ago was far more 'open'. i remember newly promoted watford pushing liverpoo for top spot, now they're knocking one out if they've finished 4th. from bottom.

Add Swansea to them. Didn't Burnley, Ipswich and Forest win the league the season after promotion in the 60's and 70's.  We finished 3rd in '92.  European money has made it a closed shop at the top.

19 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Add Swansea to them. Didn't Burnley, Ipswich and Forest win the league the season after promotion in the 60's and 70's.  We finished 3rd in '92.  European money has made it a closed shop at the top.

and badly affected our game, rich (big boys) club.

wasn't it gartside at bolton who at the time advocated stopping relegation? (i was somewhat amused at the time by his suggestion) but it seems it didn't fall on deaf ears at the top (sky not the puny lapdog fa) and whilst the abolition of relegation may be deemed unfair they 'loaded the dice' to arm the relegated sides with sufficient money to equip themselves with two american attack carriers, fully fitted out with aircraft in their 'struggle' to re attain 'their' premiership status, whilst binding the hands of their competitors in an 'alleged' NON handicap 'competition'.