Iyad Hamud

Was looking at the new Guardian article on the 60 top talented members of the "Next Generation" of big name players, and was surprised to spot a Wednesday player, but one I'd never heard of 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/oct/11/next-generation-2018-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

Who is Iyad Hamud? Is it worthy of a place on the Guardian list?

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Prob not been here a few years. Borukov a much better prospect.

These lists are complied every year and they focus on a year of birth, I assume this year will be 2000 or 2001.

Surely for most of us this is going to cause some existential thoughts, we're soon going to be watching players who weren't even born when we were a premiership team!

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Prob not been here a few years. Borukov a much better prospect.

Why do you think that Borukov is a better prospect, especially much better ?

Not taking a dig, just hope that you have some info on these two you wouldn't mind sharing.

From my limited knowledge, we had Eyad Hammoud on trial as a 15 year old prospect who had made his debut in the Bulgarian league. He impressed us and was also being looked at by the top teams (Tottenham and Barca were mentioned but how much there was in this I don't know).

We were unable to sign him due to being under 16 so he returned to Bulgaria. However we did sign him when we legally could and I believe we paid for him.

He's had a year I assume settling in etc and he is not one of the stars of our Under 18 side, he has quite a few goals this year. And he has recently made his debut for the Under 23 debut and from an onlooker "looked quite lively with being small and having good balance".

So yes I believe he is one of the major prospects at the club but lets not put an pressure on him and see how he develops for the next 18 - 24 months.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, RobbieOwler said:

These lists are complied every year and they focus on a year of birth, I assume this year will be 2000 or 2001.

Surely for most of us this is going to cause some existential thoughts, we're soon going to be watching players who weren't even born when we were a premiership team!

Why does the universe exist??

Screenshot_2018-10-11-09-57-23.png

Hamud made his professional debut for Lokomotiv Plovdiv on 20 November 2016 in the local derby against Botev Plovdiv. At age of 15 years, 3 months and 26 days he became the second youngest player to play in Bulgarian First League. Lokomotiv won the match with the 2-0 result and Hamud made an assist for the first goal.