Hutch played for an hour

Joe got a clean sheet

Jack Stobbs an assist

So what's not to like?

We're probably off the bottom of the league too

Thanks as ever to Kivo for the updates  :biggrin:

Did Abdi play? 

7 hours ago, Sonny said:

He didn’t say that in the Bristol press conference. He said players need to be ‘training intensity’ fit (or something like that) then they will be considered for u23s where they will have to demonstrate match fitness before being considered for the first team. He was asked about this with specific reference to Abdi and Winnal and said they will be considered for today.

No he said it in previous press conference again in answer to question from Howson. 

If you listen to that you will think he has little chance of making first team. By the way he did not play today.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Poor game nobody stood out really couldn't believe how poor Wildsmiths handling and distribution was definitely short on confidence 

Until he can go out on loan, and he’s above non league standard, he need to regularly play in these games Think he’s only played in 2 of the development games

28 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What kind of contract have we got this Hammoud character on? 

It’s friday and things are going well. I think we could all do with something to fret about.

No idea, Ill ask Big Nige next time I see him....

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

No he said it in previous press conference again in answer to question from Howson. 

If you listen to that you will think he has little chance of making first team. By the way he did not play today.

No, he said what I said he did in the Bristol press conference. You keep saying to listen to it - I did.

Just now, Sonny said:

No, he said what I said he did in the Bristol press conference. You keep saying to listen to it - I did.

He said what you said in Bristol press conference. In press conference before he made it absolutely clear he would not play Abdi in preference to young players. Howson asked same question in both press conferences. 

There was no chance of him playing listening to what he said and hence he was nowhere near squad. Hutchinson and Winnall returned to training on same day and were likely to play. Fox not mentioned but it was a guess he would play him as did well for u/23s last time he played. 

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

He said what you said in Bristol press conference. In press conference before he made it absolutely clear he would not play Abdi in preference to young players. Howson asked same question in both press conferences. 

There was no chance of him playing listening to what he said and hence he was nowhere near squad. Hutchinson and Winnall returned to training on same day and were likely to play. Fox not mentioned but it was a guess he would play him as did well for u/23s last time he played. 

Well he said different in the Bristol one and you said you were referring to the last two. Who knows then.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

He isn’t good enough I’m afraid - been lurking in the youth academy a long time now and never really kicked on

He would be better off playing his trade in the lower leagues now

sadly for stobbs I doubt he is even a league 2 player , he went on loan to port vale bottom of league 2 and was sent back ,I was quite shocked when they gave him an extra 2 years as he has been here for years and is nowhere near good enough. 

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

sadly for stobbs I doubt he is even a league 2 player , he went on loan to port vale bottom of league 2 and was sent back ,I was quite shocked when they gave him an extra 2 years as he has been here for years and is nowhere near good enough. 

There's a case for Jack Stobbs, that he was unlucky at Port Vale last season

They'd dropped a division and were favourites to bounce back

They'd loaned in more players than they were allowed to play and ... struggled

The manager was sacked early on and his replacement started again from scratch - Jack barely got a look in

Jos gave him three games after his recall (2 starts) but he hasn't really kicked on tbf

This season he's only made our 1st team bench once v Wolves in the cup and he didn't do a right lot in the 20 mins he was given at the end

I agree he needs to go out and play regular senior football - even if that means somewhere like Chezzie in the National League

If he does well I still doubt he'd make the grade with us but it might boost his chances of having a decent career elsewhere

I hope Jos likes Winnall.

He has had a very bad injury but not an injury prone player and no reason he shouldn’t come back as fit as ever.

I reckon he could do a great job for us and in a month’s time he is going to be banging on the selection door.

We need him involved and staying, not seeking an out in January when there will be quite a few wanting him if we don’t .