SWFC Under 23's this Friday could feature big name players

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He isn’t good enough I’m afraid - been lurking in the youth academy a long time now and never really kicked on

He would be better off playing his trade in the lower leagues now

It would appear so, but in the two games I watched on line, he looked very lively

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He isn’t good enough I’m afraid - been lurking in the youth academy a long time now and never really kicked on

He would be better off playing his trade in the lower leagues now

Seems highly rated at the club, one thing is for sure under Jos they will have opportunity and any we do release we can be fairly certain we've had a very good look at then.

Let's see how he does this year before making any decisions

Good minutes under their belts for a few returning players, a win and we seemed to create a few chances.

Hope Winnall continues his recovery with no setbacks as I think he may be the type of player Jos likes snd could do well in the current team

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

I get this feeling Winnall is going to return with all guns blazing (though hopefully not on the training ground! :Pelupessy:) and bag himself a hat full of goals this season. It's got to be easier being a striker under Jos than his predecessor....

Edited by Almat

Just left the ground. My summary of the game -

A good 45 minutes for Winnall. Took his goal in typical fashion, linked play well & almost had a very good 2nd goal. Fitness is the main thing now of course. But he came through unscathed and that’ll do him the world of good.

Stobbs’ main & sadly only asset is his delivery into the box. Put in several good crosses in the first half including the assist for Winnall’s goal. But the other, younger players are passing him in terms of development.

Wildsmith did ok as did Fox.

Eyad Hammoud is gonna be a real talent. Very excited by him & would love to see a partnership up top with Borukov. He has that low centre of gravity & seems to glide across the pitch with ease. Has the mannerisms of a certain top player who I won’t mention as we need to keep him grounded for now :biggrin: He seems very confident on the ball and may well be the next one that Jos has his eye on for the first team.

Overall an enjoyable afternoon. UTO.

Edited by CJowL19
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

No mention of Hutch apart from he got 60 minutes anyone know how he did ?

Forgot to mention Hutch. He played alongside O’Grady at centre back & did well. Seemed his usual combative self & looked ready for first team action.

• Thanks 2