SWFC Under 23's this Friday could feature big name players

10 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Please tell me if I'm missing something but why can't he play Abdi at the expense of the developmemt of others?

Is it okay to play Fox at the expense of Abdi?

Or did he mean not to play Abdi at the expense of the u18 or u23 lot?

Again, why doesn't this apply to Fox, Winnall or Hutch?

Jos said he would not damage development of young players by giving Abdi priority over young players in u/23s He said had only played 4 times in 2 years and need to gain condition and show some form. It was Daft Howson who asked about him the last two press conferences and got a clear answer first time and was told again at last one. He then tweeted he would play in next u/23 game which was not what was said.

The last game I saw him play for u/23s he had difficulty moving this was against Leeds u/23 last year. he made one lovely pass and absolutely diabolical late tackle. Otherwise not involved. If he is like this in training why on earth would anyone pick him? 

I suspect it is about effort shown and commitment in training as to your chances of getting u/23 place. Jos has repeatedly said this over and over again if you work hard and graft in training you will be in with a chance of playing. Joao was told at weekend must work harder in training. This applies to everyone. He said Winnall and Hutch were working hard in training.

If Fox tries hard although has little quality but apart from Penney bit short in left back spot, Reach and Pudil currently playing other positions. Thorniley is a centre half and Isaac Rice is centre half and can play at left back but only 17. West who was playing for u/23s I do not think is having a good season after doing well for u/18s.in last couple of years. Thus I suspect not much choice for this position.

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

:luhukay:

Listen to last two press conferences JL said would have tto show form and would not play him over young players who also deserved a chance. Howson who asked comment tweeted he would play now Giddings done the same. I would be surprised if we played him.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Listen to last two press conferences JL said would have tto show form and would not play him over young players who also deserved a chance. Howson who asked comment tweeted he would play now Giddings done the same. I would be surprised if we played him.

Abdi, Howson or Giddings?

Edited by Watson
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, prowl said:

Has Fox been injured? I thought it was just that Penney was preferred.

It will be good to have Hooper back fit although I'm not sure how we would fit him in to the team. Good player though.

I'm not sure about Hutch or Winnall. Hutch has been great at times but he is too much of a loose cannon and tends to drop too deep. Winnall is a decent striker but I think we have better.

Hutch - first 3 games of season didn't look interested. Very out of character, dunno what was happening with him!

3 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Hutch - first 3 games of season didn't look interested. Very out of character, dunno what was happening with him!

I doubt he gets on with Jos. Under CC he was allowed to manage his own fitness. Jos will not settle for anything less than his own idea of fitness level required.

I would imagine Sam is a bit hacked off.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Jos was on about the first team. And rightly so.

However, it's clear Jos wants to see him involved in the U23s and in a 'competitive' environment. 

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

As well as the return of Sam Winnall there could be Gary Hooper, Morgan Fox and Sam Hutchinson

Friday at Hillsborough - kick off at 1pm

Read this and thought you were on about player with big names playing such as 

Jakub Błaszczykowsk, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang., Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Think of the money we could make with these names on the shirts £200 a top :duntmatter:

21 hours ago, scram said:

3 overage outfield players and an overage keeper can play 

Well that's the goalie sorted. Fox get yer gloves on.

20 hours ago, Quist said:

He didn’t say that in the Bristol press conference. He said players need to be ‘training intensity’ fit (or something like that) then they will be considered for u23s where they will have to demonstrate match fitness before being considered for the first team. He was asked about this with specific reference to Abdi and Winnal and said they will be considered for today.

18 hours ago, briggowl said:

He isn’t the first name in the teamsheet anymore (when fit), it appears Jos won’t put up with his ridiculous self indulgent efforts unlike the previous regime. 

By this i mean Jos wants his team to be disciplined, stick to the role given, do what is best for the team.

If everything is equal he walks into our first 11 on ability but not sure he has the brain/attitude to match what the manager requires. 

While as limited as he is JP does exactly what Jos wants