Question about Sheffield Wednesday film

Following exceptional demand from supporters, the highly-acclaimed film ‘All Wednesday’ will have an additional showing in Sheffield.

The Owls-dedicated movie, directed by lifelong Wednesdayite Matt Exton, premiered to a sold-out audience at the Showroom Cinema earlier this month.

Matt received a standing ovation after the maiden screening attended by over 250 Owls fans.

Now, supporters can look forward to a second showing, this time at the Sheffield University Film Unit in the city centre.

The film will screen on Tuesday 6 November, with a 7.00pm start. All tickets are priced £10.

The event is jointly hosted by the Wednesday Week podcast, which featured an in-depth interview with Matt on the night of the premiere.

All Wednesday, produced in partnership with the club, features a host of searching pieces with Owls supporters of all eras, charting their unique journeys following SWFC.

The feature length film boasts exclusive footage never seen before elsewhere and is the first of its kind dedicated to the fans of a football club.

The premiere was attended by Wednesday captain Tom Lees, who said: “Myself and some of the staff, along with hundreds of Wednesdayites, crammed into the cinema and I have to say the film is absolutely brilliant.

“Matt really has done a great job and it was a pleasure to meet him along with many fans who attended. The film really does show in a very personal way what this club represents and the lives it changes and the stories it creates.

“As a player it really brought home just how many players have worn these colours, run out of our tunnel and created moments that mean so much to people. I hope that during my time at the club, I have contributed to something that people remember like the moments in the film.”

Matt added: “I’d say the whole journey so far has been incredible. I was overwhelmed at the reaction from the initial screening from the fans and the club, and it’s a moment I’ll never forget.

“I’m humbled by some of the comments I’ve received and am touched by the messages of support throughout. It really does go to show what an amazing fan base we have.”

CLICK HERE to reserve tickets for All Wednesday which will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Edited by flo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Betamax mate.... Betamax :goalie:

I was a trainee at Kevin Inger electricals back in tne day of the video boom and Betamax was widely regarded as being better than VHS.

VHS won the market due to having a big financial Sony push behind it.

There was another video rival at the time called Phillips 2000, some of their video players were futuristic compared to the others.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pulsar said:

I was a trainee at Kevin Inger electricals back in tne day of the video boom and Betamax was widely regarded as being better than VHS.

There was another video rival at the time called Phillips 2000, some of their video players were futuristic compared to the others.

I remember the Phillips 2000 too. My mate had a video shop !  lol:goalie:

Edited by quinnssweetshop

12 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Sony didnt put a big financial push behind VHS they developed the Betmax format. I read somewhere it was the muck industry using VHS to tap in to the home market that resulting it it becoming the dominant format.

Never underestimate a man’s desire to jack off at home rather then in a cinema with 20 others sell something.

lol

14 hours ago, Pulsar said:

I remember Kevin Inger's shop in Eckington in the early 80's, there was still one in Dinnington until a few years ago.