Who will be our next signing

As a time filler on International week thought it may be worth while thinking who would be a good addition to squad. Rules are you have to justify selection(s) rather than just naming a player.

Jos has specified he wants young players so think unlikely we will get some one older than mid twenties. 

It was widely reported that Piazon was on his way to us but decided not to come at last moment. With this in mind it seems our finances permit us to bring in another player on loan.

I think probably have to assume money intended for this is all we have as can not see any real prospect of raising funds with those who are surplus. Possible Boyd and Jones still want to play and would like a chance to show this. Unfortunately their engines are not what they were and may have to drop to league 1. Probably can not recoup all of wages but any money in would be a help. Fox is an ordinary league 1 player and we may get him out of door on a free but we are short of left backs. Therefore do not think much chance of raising revenue without damaging team.

Onto what we need I would like a proper defensive midfield player  We were in touch with Chelsea and Hector is doing well for us and no doubt they will be happy with this. they have a fabulous young player called Ethan Ampadu who they refused to let go out on loan he has recently turned 18 and has not figured for first team this season. Next year there will be restrictions in place on how many players can be loaned out, this will hit Chelsea hard and they may want to get some experience into this young player before change in rules. think he would fit well into team and provide defensive mobility required.

I know we probably need cover at back but think defending has improved and with more games together and growing confidence would be prepared to go for cover in front of them as think this would also improve solidity of defence. Ampadu can also play anywhere across back 4 which is also a bonus. May be a bit ambitious but we already have Onomah so think it would be worth a try.

Yes I am bored but thought better than doing nothing.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It will be interesting if we are around the top 6 in January if DC will really back Jos in the transfer market, loans or full time transfers (obviously money permitting) to give us the best chance of going up.

Cant see anyone comming in untill players leave,get the feeling were on a tightrope

I'd be happy to stay with the current group of players with no additions but offload a few in January (if possible) to be honest.

If we can avoid FFP issues, we can offload some big earners in the summer and Jos can bring in his own players then.

Any position that is top 8 or above is a bonus for me this season.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

I can't see us signing anyone new in January, although I think Penney and any other promising academy players will get contracts / renewals.

I believe and it is only a belief that our embargo was lifted on the proviso that we were letting certain players go and we would manage our spending.

Hope I'm proved wrong and we can get one or two additions in January but can't honestly see it.  

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It will be interesting if we are around the top 6 in January if DC will really back Jos in the transfer market, loans or full time transfers (obviously money permitting) to give us the best chance of going up.

Ross McCormack £8m to help us over the line 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don't think money is the prob, being allowed to spend is.

I thinks we will get unheard of from a prem team..not sure of his first name.