Las Vegas for Boro Game

1 minute ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Excalibur this time, have stayed in a few others there.

It wss 280 thurs to mon now nearly trebleWTF:

Got to watch the resort tax now as it costs about same as the room whn you check out:picnic:

Yeah the Resort Fee is a killer, right sneaky 8uggers with all their taxes there. We've stayed at the Aria 3 times, and the Bellagio, Caesars and Cosmo once. My 1st trip (when I didn't know any better I stayed at the Strat). We prefer the Central Strip, but spend a fair bit of time near Excalibur - or off strip Palms/Gold Coast - and Downtown - love the 'Old School Vegas' vibe....

Enjoy.

6 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Excalibur this time, have stayed in a few others there.

It wss 280 thurs to mon now nearly trebleWTF:

Got to watch the resort tax now as it costs about same as the room whn you check out:picnic:

Bloody resort tax is just a massive rip-off. Unfortunately if one gets away with it they all do.

Got married in the Valley of fire last year, and was their at the same time as the shooting. A couple of last minute decisions otherwise we would have been in the middle of it all.

Edited by farlego

1 hour ago, farlego said:

Bloody resort tax is just a massive rip-off. Unfortunately if one gets away with it they all do.

I had 3 weeks in Vegas in July, expected a large resort fee, so tried low balling the tips. 

They have no shame "Would you like to tip now or after your service" at the buffets 

It felt similar to walking up fargate and getting asked "Have you got any spare change"

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I had 3 weeks in Vegas in July, expected a large resort fee, so tried low balling the tips. 

They have no shame "Would you like to tip now or after your service" at the buffets 

It felt similar to walking up fargate and getting asked "Have you got any spare change"

Best paid job in vegas is the valet who gets yoi a taxilol

1 hour ago, farlego said:

Got married in the Valley of fire last year, and was their at the same time as the shooting. A couple of last minute decisions otherwise we would have been in the middle of it all.

Bet the photos in the valley of fire are great

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Yeah the Resort Fee is a killer, right sneaky 8uggers with all their taxes there. We've stayed at the Aria 3 times, and the Bellagio, Caesars and Cosmo once. My 1st trip (when I didn't know any better I stayed at the Strat). We prefer the Central Strip, but spend a fair bit of time near Excalibur - or off strip Palms/Gold Coast - and Downtown - love the 'Old School Vegas' vibe....

Enjoy.

We stayed in the strat once during xmas, not great:carlosswfc:

Belagio and Ceasers ouch if you paid resort tax:Chansiri:

Stayed in Venetian and Flamingo which were excellent for being central.

Mainly stay down towards MGM end but do visit the Gold Coast for the buffet and graveyard bowling:ghoulguy:

Excalibur pool is good as you get the sun from 1030 onwards all day whereas the hooters pool the sun disapears around lunch:wacko:

29 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I was in Las Vegas when Di Canio scored that wonder goal at Everton in 1998. I've also been there twice in the summer when Wednesday weren't playing. 

Sorry, I just wanted to join in lol

Everyones welcome to chip in.

That city changes every 6 month so good to hear everyones memories