Gary Hooper

1 hour ago, Watson said:

It might come under the remit of rehab.  Gentle exercise.  

Swimming is gentle exercise. Golf certainly isn't. Ask Tiger Woods. Or Richard Boxall. :Pelupessy:Or Antony Kim (although there is a lot of online specuiation as to why he hasn't returned from injury.

Edited by Almat

34 minutes ago, Almat said:

Swimming is gentle exercise. Golf certainly isn't. Ask Tiger Woods. Or Richard Boxall. :Pelupessy:Or Antony Kim (although there is a lot of online specuiation as to why he hasn't returned from injury.

Very rarely does a pro golfer get injured. Usually its caused through over use of weakened part of the body over a number of years.

Yes Boxall slipped and broke his leg which was a total freak accident. Could happen anywhere.

I've played golf for many years, sometimes twice a week and once hurt my thumb... that's about it

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Very rarely does a pro golfer get injured. Usually its caused through over use of weakened part of the body over a number of years.

Yes Boxall slipped and broke his leg which was a total freak accident. Could happen anywhere.

I've played golf for many years, sometimes twice a week and once hurt my thumb... that's about it

I get your point but Hooper is coming back from a very long-term injury so he's not playing golf completely fit anyway. I just hope he doesn't have another setback and really hope he doesn't have one that can reasonably be attributed to playing golf :Pelupessy: The brown stuff would really hit the fan then....

Edited by Almat

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

If anyone can get injured playing Golf it's Hooper!!

I wouldn't trust him to finish a game of draughts without limping after 

• Haha 2

Guest LittleG
48 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

As long as it can’t aggrivate his existing injury I don’t see any problem whatsoever with this.

Footballers do have to have a life too. Now if he was skipping training or rehab it’d be a huge problem. 

Maybe some players could have a less frivolous attitude to what they post on social media as it can have a negative effect. This situation however shouldn’t be the case.

This exactly. I'm sure he's been informed what he's allowed and not allowed to do so as to not aggravate his injury.

If he is actually playing golf it suggests to me he knows he is finished.

If he has pain in leg as was stated I can not see how golf is either therapy or part of process of recovery. 

In last few months of contract having not played for 10 months I would be doing my all to get fit unless you know it is futile. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Depends what kind of back injury you suffer from S72....

Hip injuries are very common in golf.........

As are shoulder and back issues too ..

Good warm up exercises are vital to playing golf ..

As are most sports ....

Alligators in the water, snakes in the bunkers. Golf is deadlier than you think

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I swear this is true. When I lived overseas in the early 80’s my old man got some clubs cut down with a view to me taking up the sport. Decided to go out and knock a few balls around. Whacked one with a 3 wood and the last thing I saw was it hit a tree about 20m in front of me. Woke up ?? later with a massive head ache and a huge bruise on my forehead. Can’t be many people who can lay claim to knocking themselves out with their own gold ball. After getting bitten by a snake in the long grass about a month later searching for my Dad’s sliced ball, I decided to call it a day with golf, much to the annoyance of my old man. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

I swear this is true. When I lived overseas in the early 80’s my old man got some clubs cut down with a view to me taking up the sport. Decided to go out and knock a few balls around. Whacked one with a 3 wood and the last thing I saw was it hit a tree about 20m in front of me. Woke up ?? later with a massive head ache and a huge bruise on my forehead. Can’t be many people who can lay claim to knocking themselves out with their own gold ball. After getting bitten by a snake in the long grass about a month later searching for my Dad’s sliced ball, I decided to call it a day with golf, much to the annoyance of my old man. 

Just you and David Beckham 

I would have thought ?

:stuwinky:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

Gary Hooper has a major problem heading towards him,,

At the end of this season he will be out of contract.

Who in their right mind are going to offer a unfit crock a contract any where near what he is getting at the moment..

Pay as you play maybe ?

Your gravy train is drying up 

Mr Hooper, enjoy your golf.

Major problem?

Give over.

He'll have racked up a lovely bank balance during his career. Not to mention his stint at S6.

Absolutely hilarious that people have a problem with him playing golf. And that he should want to show that he is playing at one of the country's top courses, a real test of golf. 

Good for you Gary, hope you had a great round and while you're up in Scotland enjoy more of the amazing courses up there. I'm really happy you're doing something during your rehab that is enjoyable, gets fresh air in the lungs and gives some gentle but sustained exercise. Keep off the games consoles and on the fairways, you'll be great.