Barry Bannan - groin injury

1 minute ago, Almat said:

Perfect timing for an injury that needs some rest. 

Agreed. Perhaps Jos should consider resting wee Barry from time to time now have Onomah in midfield.

Like Kieran Lee used to do, he covers every inch of the pitch every game and suffered a long term injury last season.

Difficult decision because he’s so influential, but the West Brom game demonstrated he can miss an odd game occasionally.

Rather that than wear and tear leading to another extended lay off or worse.

The more worrying thing for me is - we were told the injuries last season were a one off due to fitness level but this season we have so many players out again

Hutch, Hooper, Lee, Abdi, Matias, Van Aken, Winnall, possible Bannan, 

Is it fitness or is it the training pitch, methods of training or something else we have too many players out with Knee's, hips and joint injuries for it purely to be fitness, they then come back and break down again surely with a player out for 6-9 month we won't rush then back so they get injured again but this has happened with Lee, Hooper, Van Aken and Winnall this season.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The more worrying thing for me is - we were told the injuries last season were a one off due to fitness level but this season we have so many players out again

Is it fitness or is it the training pitch, methods of training or something else we have too many players out with Knee's, hips and joint injuries for it purely to be fitness, they then come back and break down again surely with a player out for 6-9 month we won't rush then back so they get injured again but this has happened with Lee, Hooper, Van Aken and Winnall this season.

Do we really have lots of injuries at the moment? You've named eight there but three are long term. I understand Hutch is fit but out of favour. Abdi goodness knows, but again is long term. Bannan seems ok. Matias and Van Aken are the only two definitely new ones.

Last season we unquestionably had an abnormal number, for whatever reason: don't underestimate luck in all of this. I wouldn't say it's too bad this season.

Don't forget Hutch too btw, it looks like Jos is really working with him to make sure when he's back in the 1st team he doesn't go missing for months after playing a few games

if Hutch can get a run in the team he could be huge addition to our squad

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would not include Hutchinson in that category.

The club knew exactly what they were taking on with a player who had already retired from playing due to injury when we offered him a contract.

Winnall suffered an injury playing for another club and is making an excellent recovery from surgery rather than having broken down again.

That really leaves Hooper and Lee as long term casualties.

Abdi is apparently fit whilst Matias seems to have a minor hamstring strain.

Bannan is tweeting that he is ok this morning too.

The one that seems to have disappeared from the radar is Van Aken who I doubt would be selected even if fit.

All in all much better than this time last season.

12 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I would not include Hutchinson in that category.

The club knew exactly what they were taking on with a player who had already retired from playing due to injury when we offered him a contract.

Winnall suffered an injury playing for another club and is making an excellent recovery from surgery rather than having broken down again.

That really leaves Hooper and Lee as long term casualties.

Abdi is apparently fit whilst Matias seems to have a minor hamstring strain.

Bannan is tweeting that he is ok this morning too.

The one that seems to have disappeared from the radar is Van Aken who I doubt would be selected even if fit.

All in all much better than this time last season.

Maybe its just the lack of any communication of what is happening with each of them.

I know some will say its none of our business but its our club and our players and we want to know when they will be back and how far along the recovery they are.

32 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Do we really have lots of injuries at the moment? You've named eight there but three are long term. I understand Hutch is fit but out of favour. Abdi goodness knows, but again is long term. Bannan seems ok. Matias and Van Aken are the only two definitely new ones.

Last season we unquestionably had an abnormal number, for whatever reason: don't underestimate luck in all of this. I wouldn't say it's too bad this season.

You understand from who?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Posting for postings sake again!

What the f are you babbling on about? Hooper, Lee, Abdi, Van Aken and Winnall are all STILL injured from last season. Hutch is a crock and always has been. Bannan might not even be out. Which just leaves Matias, who's probably just tweaked his hamstring after being out so long and playing a lot of matches recently. 

Guest Willow Owl

Hutch- fit and training

Abdi- fit and training

Winnall- started training

Matias- Hamstring minor injury

Bannan-  Will be fine for Middlesbrough 

Van Aken - Took a bad challenge on ankle at Sunderland. 

Hooper- Groin injury not related to other injury and wasn't rushed back. 

Lee- Knee injury not related to his hip injury and wasn't rushed back. 

Name me s player that Jos has rushed back from injury? He is very cautious with these things. 

33 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Hutch- fit and training

Abdi- fit and training

Winnall- started training

Matias- Hamstring minor injury

Bannan-  Will be fine for Middlesbrough 

Van Aken - Took a bad challenge on ankle at Sunderland. 

Hooper- Groin injury not related to other injury and wasn't rushed back. 

Lee- Knee injury not related to his hip injury and wasn't rushed back. 

Name me s player that Jos has rushed back from injury? He is very cautious with these things. 

Lee came back from injury and broke down in the first 15 minutes

Hooper played two part games in a week after injury and again is out with a new injury

Van Aken played less that 30 minutes in his first match back and was injured again

Bannan has apparently the same injury he had last season even though he had months of treatment and we were told he was fully fit

Winnall start training with the first team then goes down with a calf problem.

I am not blaming the manager for these but that potential 5 players coming back from injury then get injured almost as soon as they come back, If players are fit and ready they should not be breaking down after 1 game or a few training sessions if they are ready to return to training.