Who is out of contract at the end of the season?

It’s a good situation, I think. A lot of high earners and a lot of players that are rapidly becoming deadwood. Problem is what we need to do avoid being in an embargo when they’re released so that we can sign quality replacements (if we haven’t been promoted duh).

Judging by Onomah and Hector, signs are good that if allowed we can sign some quality on the cheap and really reset FFP whilst still being competitive.

29 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Westwood 

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Pudil

Lee

Hooper

Matias

Fox

Hmm

Pudil been a great servant but will he be worth another year? 

Id get rid of the rest, with question marks over hooper, Lee and matias dependent on fitness and form 

as things stand i'd  let them all go except penney  ……be sad to see some of them go but we need a clear out of the aged and crocked .not one of them will become better players than they are now  so get rid and let jos bring in his own players . 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

as things stand i'd  let them all go except penney  ……be sad to see some of them go but we need a clear out of the aged and crocked .not one of them will become better players than they are now  so get rid and let jos bring in his own players . 

Matias maybe the only exception there.

Think aslong as he spends more time on the pitch then the treatment table till the end of the season. He will be one that gets a new deal. Jos seems to like him.

12 hours ago, York_Owl said:

Westwood 

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Pudil

Lee

Hooper

Matias

Fox

Get rid of the lot of em.

Jones, Boyd and Fox aren’t good enough.

Abdi has been a complete and utter waste of a contract.

Pudil as much as I like him doesn’t fit in with the policy of signing younger players so I’d love to see us replace him with Hector. If FIFA do bring in the new ruling of how many players a club can loan out at any one time I think Chelsea would be open to a sale.

Matias is never fit and Westwood is never going to play.

As for Hooper and Lee, both quality players but they’re no good to us sat in the treatment room picking up what will be decent wages.

18 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Hmm

Pudil been a great servant but will he be worth another year? 

Id get rid of the rest, with question marks over hooper, Lee and matias dependent on fitness and form 

Pudil has been rejuvenated since switching to a left sided centre back.  If he can keep his form and fitness for the rest of the season then I'd give him another contract.  The same could be said of Matias who has started the season pretty well.

I think it's pretty clear that time is up for Westwood, Jones and Boyd.

As for the rest I'll keep an open mind but they need to get fit and find some form in the not too distant future. 

12 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Get rid of the lot of em.

Jones, Boyd and Fox aren’t good enough.

Abdi has been a complete and utter waste of a contract.

Pudil as much as I like him doesn’t fit in with the policy of signing younger players so I’d love to see us replace him with Hector. If FIFA do bring in the new ruling of how many players a club can loan out at any one time I think Chelsea would be open to a sale.

Matias is never fit and Westwood is never going to play.

As for Hooper and Lee, both quality players but they’re no good to us sat in the treatment room picking up what will be decent wages.

Isn't Hector out of contract at Chelsea in the summer anyway? 

Think several younger players contracts up in addition to Penney. Think Stobbs contract expires and several who have not played for first team yet. 

I am certain impending departure of a number of players was a big contributor to embargo being lifted. 

8 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

You gotta wonder if they tried to transfer Westy in august and he binned it for a free next year.

Hence been ex - communicated, like others.

Blimey, less than 3 months and he can sign a pre -contarct for nowt.

Pretty sure he is available for nowt now.