9 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Which (if any) of our strikers do 'convince' you? 

Please answer this question, genuinely interested.

I think Hooper is best striker at club and would like to see him paired with Fletcher again. Joao might have a part to play but I find his inconsistency (and body language on occasions) so frustrating. There is only so long we can talk about potential / massive talent before he needs to prove it regularly.

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I think Hooper is best striker at club and would like to see him paired with Fletcher again. Joao might have a part to play but I find his inconsistency (and body language on occasions) so frustrating. There is only so long we can talk about potential / massive talent before he needs to prove it regularly.

One goal every ninety one minutes?

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Fletcher isn't scoring; is probably on Joaos wage x 3, & on the whole has been a big waste of cash.

Why doesn't Fletcher frustrate you?

Not suprised he struggled with no support, but if we can get up the pitch and in the box more often he has that talent, pace, flair and technique to create that crucial half yard with the composure to finish.

Target men like nuhiu and fletcher cant create space to shoot like that and wouldnt score as many per games played, including any of joaos goals superbly taken goals today imo.

Players like ff/matias can get in behind, create space and chances for joao or a target man might help get us up the pitch more directly, but he cant do it on his own with 4 centre backs behind him, he needs ff/matias off him or one of the big guys next to him imo.

5 goals from 4 starts and 5 sub apps so far, great stats, needs a run with ff now imo

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

João is an outstanding talent.

Have a watch of the goals he’s scored...he can do it all

Left foot, right foot, headers, piledrivers, placements and tap ins

Just want to see him play more

He's was never going to run the game today, FFS he wasn't even picked to start.

The team had a game plan, and in the second half he takes his chances.

You can't ask anymore from any striker.

I think Joao would be further on in his development had Carlos has played him more often. Definitely has the talent but at the moment is starting to show a consistent end product. Will be a target for some bigger clubs come the end of the season IMO.

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Can't you see the ability he has and that he plays so better with quality players around him?  The lad has so much quality.  Thought a footballing connoisseur such as yourself could see it.  

He was picked for the Portuguese national team in his first season. The more he scores, the more he'll score.

Lucas João, goal Machine

:luhukay:

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think Joao would be further on in his development had Carlos has played him more often. Definitely has the talent but at the moment is starting to show a consistent end product. Will be a target for some bigger clubs come the end of the season IMO.

Not unless he takes us up.

:luhukay:

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Fletcher isn't scoring; is probably on Joaos wage x 3, & on the whole has been a big waste of cash.

Why doesn't Fletcher frustrate you?

I think Fletcher delivers more for the team overall on a regular basis and he always displays the work ethic that on occasions Joao seems to lack. Some of the frustration is probably due to fact that Joao can look great for short periods but to date has not been able to sustain his form.

As for stats and a goal every 91 minutes, cant't deny its impressive but need him to  maintain this over a longer period (20 goals a season?) I genuinely hope he can, but honestly have my doubts.

23 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Shirley the strikers that are scoring far less than him; frustrate you more.

Bizarre that our top scorer frustrates you, in particular.

I think he's capable of more.

It's actually because I rate him.

It’s not rocket science.

He is a far better player when running forward either with the ball  or onto a pass than he is with his back to goal.

Also a good finisher and doesn’t get flustered when has time in front of goal like some players .

He has scored some great goals for us.

Loved the one at Forest on Boxing Day

Is there a youtube thingy showing his goals anywhere?

He hates playing with his back to the goal.  Absolutely hates it.  That's it really. You can give the ball to him any other way you like but he isn't interested in having it sent to him long, high and facing the wrong way and I think that is it with him.

Gorgeous for the second goal today and lovely to see.