Looks an absolute beats and prem quality when he’s facing the opposition goal.

Either needs to improve with his back to goal or we have to start playing more to get him running and defenders and facing the goal. Probably need both to be fair.

Took both his goals very well today.

I sing his praises all the time, he's a Premier League footballer on ability but consistency is his main issue. I will say that Jos' rotation policy hasn't helped him, he's definitely not the striker to play at the top of the 4-2-3-1 though, can't hold it up at all. 

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Still gets a lot of stick on here from some, but he scores goals. For all the talk of hold up play and workrate, goals are what really matters from your striker.

Averaging a goal every 91 minutes this season in the championship. Outstanding ratio. 

Today we saw the good and the bad, luckily the good came second and I’m pretty sure he plays on confidence. Those two goals hopefully help remind him he’s an absolute powerhouse and it’s almost impossible to stop him when he’s on it! 

11 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Still not the finished article but he’s got all the talent. Still don’t think he likes that physics battle with centre halves. He was poor before the goals then bang 2 goals in 2. 

Fair to say that if he was the finished article he wouldn't be playing with us in the Championship

It does matter because it’s the next challenge for him, being able to contribute to game management like on Wednesday night.

He either plays like George Weah or George Weahs cousin. But we’ve started to see  a lot more of the former! When he’s on it you can see why he was potentially viewed as being a top striker well above this level. 

I was ready to let rip on here when he failed to control that ball 2 minutes before he scored 

logged on owlstalk ready to vent, saw all the comments ‘joao!!!!!’ ‘Get in joao!!’

He must have known I was about to comment lol

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Haha 2