Bang Average League

Bristol - another bang average side we’ve played and thank god we’ve come away with 3 points

This league is absolutely there for the taking and if we can tighten up at the back and stop giving daft goals, we’ve got every chance of finishing in the playoffs

Boro, West Brom and Leeds will take the top 3 - if we’re not in the mix for the other 3 places then we will have blown it again

I honestly can’t see any other side in this division playing as good football as Leeds and properly running us ragged - that’s a unique style of play. We can go toe to toe with West Brom who we made look average. 

I hope we eventually get a settled side that that we don’t keep rotating - there are sides in the top 6 that don’t chop and change like we do every week and when Forestieri came on we played miles better. 

UTO

• Like 1

Is it really a bang average league though?

Every season we say that the teams that come down are going to rip it up, but (with the exception of Newcastle a couple of seasons ago) they always seem to struggle. Could it be that the league is better than we think it is and that we just happen to be one of the better sides in that league?

• Like 2

I don't think it's as strong as the division we played in a few years ago (when we finished 6th and 4th). 

It's early days, but usually one or two start to pull away from the pack at this point, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Don't think there's going to be a Newcastle and Brighton who pretty much boss the league from start to finish. 

I mean Leeds play some excellent football, but they're not actually picking up all that many wins right now. 

United are top, with a strike duo of Billy Blunt and McGoldrick ffs! 

Well for what it's worth I think a bang average side sitting on top of it and in a few weeks we'll have the chance to prove it !

Remember BDM the Blunts were the super team marshalled by Alex Sabella the current manager of Argentina, We put them to bed good and proper !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
ommision

It is a strange league this season. There are some decent sides but no one really taking charge. There are a good few sides who will be thinking the same as us. Even Bristol C are up there despite selling a lot

of talent in the summer and expected to struggle.

Both Sheffield sides are unlikely stories in the top six. Hard to see how both keep getting results but we do. In our case working harder off the ball is helping.

Cardiff finished 2nd and had madine in their team. They were 24th in the ranking of possession stats, and lost 10 times.

When you watch our performances I get the impression there is more to come from the group, not that we are over achieving.

If Jos can get the starting line ups/formations right, and we have more luck with no injuries, we can be successful this season 

We're going up, been saying it on here since about Jos's 4th game in charge,to, largely, incredulity. When are the Negatives Nigels going to get on board with my thinking? This division is absolutely there for the taking (I'm talking winning it, just for clarity).and we now have the manager to do it. Simples. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It is a strange league this season. There are some decent sides but no one really taking charge. There are a good few sides who will be thinking the same as us. Even Bristol C are up there despite selling a lot

of talent in the summer and expected to struggle.

Both Sheffield sides are unlikely stories in the top six. Hard to see how both keep getting results but we do. In our case working harder off the ball is helping.

All joking apart, I have to be honest and say that I would love a Sheffield promotion double this season, obviously with us as top dog. It would be really good for the city.

You’re right - it is bang average! Leeds are the stand out team so far but I doubt they can keep that intensity up for the whole season. Pigs are top and they have mcgoldrick and billy blunt up top - jeez! We are sitting 6th and we aren’t playing great. 

12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

All joking apart, I have to be honest and say that I would love a Sheffield promotion double this season, obviously with us as top dog. It would be really good for the city.

I would also love it! Lots of poo talked by both sides in the name of fandom but at the end of the day we love our great city and what a boost such a happening would be. 

Leeds will drop eventually they can’t sustain it for the full year there are teams also that will come strong and emerge from their current position villa, Stoke, derby have the potential to do so 

but look at the woeful start we had and we’re we are now I think we’re progressing nicely 

I feared we would have struggled coming out of the last international break with the run of fixtures we had coming up until the next break but despite playing stoke,villa and 3 of the teams in the top 6 we’ve actually broke into the play off spots all this without having hooper and Lee back, bedding in two new signings and having forestieri unavailable for half those games 

I think that’s a phenomenal achievement fair enough we could have played better and made better decisions at times but it’s the results and table that matters 

I’m sure like me a phew would say if we can go into the next international break and still be in a position to come back and compete we would be happy and yet we are bang in the mix

I would say that’s job well done Jos if not a little frustrating at times 

get ready when we get another run of easier fixtures I think we will find our confidence against them and give a hiding or two out 

• Like 1