Shocking but happy

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

First half was shocking, but second we were by far the better team . 

But we always make it hard for ourselves. 

It wouldn't be the Wednesday way if we didn't tried to make things that bit more difficult. It's in our DNA.:tango:

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Great win. Not getting carried away as we aren’t a top 6 side. Hector had a great game today. I was slating him for his passing on Wednesday night but I’m happy to say he was definitely man of the match today.

We got 20 points from last 10 last season and despite a dodgy start and a tough run of games where we have dropped  points we shouldn't we are sat in sixth. So why on earth aren't we a top 6 side?

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I do want us to be a top 6 side. I want us to go up automatic. But I’m being realistic and I make judgements based on the games that I’ve seen. I watched the Leeds vs Brentford game yesteday and the standard was far higher. We’ve been outplayed by Wigan, Brentford, Leeds, Forest and stoke in large parts this year. I’d only consider that we’ve played well against Millwall, Villa, Reading and WBA. We’ve done ok against Hull, Ipswich and Bristol city today. 

Its great to be 6th but Im not getting carried away. 

I think we might’ve had a similar discussion before. But the season we look back at so fondly in 2915/16 we tended to draw with the sides that made the top six and were the happier of the sides to have done so. It’s starting to feel similar this season but without the ominous feeling that we will definitely loose to the bottom 4 away from Home.

I think there are a number of sides that can make the top six if things go their way, but it’s very different for a gate crasher navigating the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

We lost that game 4-0 under carlos last season as much as it wasnt a great spectacle...thats what i keep saying to myself time and time again under jos.

1 defeat in 9 too which is very impressive.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: 

Anyone know who was managing Swansea when they stuffed West Ham 4-1 the same day we lost 4-0 down at Ashton Gate??????

Enjoy the beers

Edited by katie melua
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

That first half was terrible. So pleased we got the 3 points though but some of the football and decision making was shocking. 

To be fair it was horrific from both teams, many of Bristol’s passes going out of touch 

looked like they’d been on a group pisss up night before 

Edited by FreshOwl

13 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we might’ve had a similar discussion before. But the season we look back at so fondly in 2915/16 we tended to draw with the sides that made the top six and were the happier of the sides to have done so. It’s starting to feel similar this season but without the ominous feeling that we will definitely loose to the bottom 4 away from Home.

I think there are a number of sides that can make the top six if things go their way, but it’s very different for a gate crasher navigating the playoffs. 

You do make some good points!

Don’t get me wrong, im absolutely delighted to be 6th going into the international break. I think we need to

improve or we won’t keep our position. That’s my view based on how we’ve played overall in the first 12 games.

Keeping Bannan and Reach fit will be important - both have shown they are top quality for this league. Jos is doing a great job but he needs to find a style of play, his best system and first 11. Most teams in this league have a clear identity and I don’t know what we are yet. Still if we are 6th and we haven’t hit top gear, this can only bode well for the rest of the season. Moreover, we have had some challenging fixtures recently. 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

You do make some good points!

Don’t get me wrong, im absolutely delighted to be 6th going into the international break. I think we need to

improve or we won’t keep our position. That’s my view based on how we’ve played overall in the first 12 games.

Keeping Bannan and Reach fit will be important - both have shown they are top quality for this league. Jos is doing a great job but he needs to find a style of play, his best system and first 11. Most teams in this league have a clear identity and I don’t know what we are yet. Still if we are 6th and we haven’t hit top gear, this can only bode well for the rest of the season. Moreover, we have had some challenging fixtures recently. 

Yeah I am starting to think similarly. I was

concerned when we switched to 3 centre halves again as we had been so open with it earlier this season and it took a switch to a back 4 to get us going, but it’s worked much better with Hectors arrival. 

Same goes for several others but if we avoid injuries then who knows and perhaps the need for the likes of Hooper and Winnall to earn a future for themselves will help us immensely at a time when we may not have room to add anyone in January. Nonetheless, I think our inexperience across the back four and how often we are punished as a result of it will be the deciding factor.