Shocking but happy

8 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Great win. Not getting carried away as we aren’t a top 6 side. Hector had a great game today. I was slating him for his passing on Wednesday night but I’m happy to say he was definitely man of the match today.

We are top six 

• Like 3

We can talk about things we should be doing better, absolutely, but we’re 6th in table picking up points and this manager for me is beginning to do a fantastic job 

If we had seen the game out against West Brom , and Joey P will learn from that , we would be on 21 points 4 off the top of table 

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Great win. Not getting carried away as we aren’t a top 6 side. Hector had a great game today. I was slating him for his passing on Wednesday night but I’m happy to say he was definitely man of the match today.

Actually as things stand we are a top 6 side. Everyone has played twelve and we are sixth. It's just that you don't want us to be a top six side for some reason.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Games on the red button make me feel dizzy. Also find no replays slightly annoying as you expect to see them after any incident 

Cameraman was awful, zoomed in far too much so you can't see what's happening off the ball and when it was kicking off with Onomah for some reason he developed a sudden fixation on a particularly interesting blade of grass 30 yards away.

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We can talk about things we should be doing better, absolutely, but we’re 6th in table picking up points and this manager for me is beginning to do a fantastic job 

If we had seen the game out against West Brom , and Joey P will learn from that , we would be on 21 points 4 off the top of table 

Agree. This manager has been impressive throughout. Just hope he is not having personality clashes with certain players and without knowing, would back his mature. determined approach.

13 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Are people actually watching the same game as I am? We had good opportunities to get the 3rd, just as we did against West Brom...

We did, but as soon as Bristol got one back, we started to tighten up, had everyone behind the ball and were just hoofing it out, resulting in a long last 15 mins or so. 

All teams do it to some extent when they are two goals up and then concede, we just need to get a better balance with it and not start to panic. I think the team are despearate to keep a clean sheet to start to give them some confidence about the defence. Wins a win though.

20 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

What a huge result that is. Almost

makes up for WBA as you’d probably take 4 points from those two. 

If someone had offered us 2 draws and 2 wins from playing villa,  Leeds,  wba and Bristol I think most of us would have snapped their hand off 

1 minute ago, markowl said:

I wonder how some of them get through a day without having a breakdown.

I'm enjoying the random threads that always pop up at halftime, usually from the same imbeciles. 

A couple of absolute corkers today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There was so much to admire about that second half until one moment of absolute f*ckwittery. 

Thankfully, today we got what we deserved. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Absolutely. We were coasting at 2-0 and had no problem keeping the at arms length - it looked more likely to go to 3-0 than 2-1. Then Palmer dwells on it and loses it too easily and we compound that by committing a needless foul in the box. 

Should have been our first clean sheet as they never looked like scoring from open play in the second half, other than perhaps the one across the box at 2-0 when FF ball watches and lets his man go out wide, similar chance to West Brom's first on Wednesday.

Albeit based on that admittedly odd camerawork via the red button I thought we looked pretty decent in the second half after being at bit all at see in first half. At 2-0 they looked utterly bewildered given how strongly they started and we should never have let them back in. Individual errors can't be blamed on Jos but we still do not look like a confident cohesive defensive unit.  Always hard to tell when you are watching on telly rather than live but Onomah looked very strong and Hector was exactly what we need Ref looked shybo as well!