Dawson

I think the Dawson haters are just a small minority jumping on the next scapegoat bandwagon. 

The moans and groans in the stadium will do nothing to help his confidence or help him develop. 

Thankfully the amount of people singing his name on the Kop the last home game proved that the majority of fans are behind him.

23 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

As others have said no mention of the point blank save he made when put in the brown stuff yet again by his defenders 

These continual digs at Dawson are becoming wearisome now 

Its not his fault that the Club have fell out with Westwood for whatever reason

It's a fair concern..the one on15 mins was horrible. Should have caught it. 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He needs some serious coaching on the training ground and how to command his area and also some back to basics catching practise.

His shot-stopping is good enough it’s the rest of his game which is the problem.

Is this the part where you tell us you played a "good standard" in goal for the Dog and Duck Rovers 

Against Leeds i had a bloke shouting at him near me because he wasn't catching the ball surrounded by about 8 players 

50 minutes ago, pressy said:

He is starting to worry me now  hes not commanding his area  and looks very suspect on crosses 

Why single Dawson out he’s kept is in the game Joao cannot hold the ball up for toffee.we need Pelupessy in the Center breaking things up & FF upfront to create something 

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Is this the part where you tell us you played a "good standard" in goal for the Dog and Duck Rovers 

Against Leeds i had a bloke shouting at him near me because he wasn't catching the ball surrounded by about 8 players 

Stop being silly. It doesn’t take a brain scientist to understand he is struggling to command his area and he is flapping at crosses. He’s been doing it all season and in situations where there is no one near him.  I’m totally fine with his shot stopping. It’s more than adequate for this league. 

25 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why ? Has he no confidence in himself ? 

He does, it’s a in the moment thing and not general confidence issue 

Just now, RuncornOwl94 said:

This threads gone quiet since going 2-0 up, mad that how the scapegoat stops getting talked about when we're winning ain't it. Just back the team and see where it can get us ffs.

He’s made a good save to keep us in it. Dealt with low shots well which are difficult.

He also flapped at a cross that Bristol should have scored from his mistake.

If we win 5-0 I still have huge concerns about his ability on crosses and commanding his area.

Irs not scapegoating to point out mistakes.

As I type this he’s jus claimed s very dangerous cross. Well done.

• Like 1

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

He’s made a good save to keep us in it. Dealt with low shots well which are difficult.

He also flapped at a cross that Bristol should have scored from his mistake.

If we win 5-0 I still have huge concerns about his ability on crosses and commanding his area.

Irs not scapegoating to point out mistakes.

As I type this he’s jus claimed s very dangerous cross. Well done.

Exactly but like any young player with little first team experience, mistakes are bound to happen. If everyone backed him instead of groaning when he gets on the ball or does anything you can guarantee his performances would improve.

I trust that the Dawson haters never make the slightest error in their respective workplaces, and that they’ve achieved very well paid senior positions due to their efforts and massive assistance from professionals who actually know what they are talking about. Oh and not very important, but we’ve just come away with three points and are 6th in league, Reach didn’t score by the way, is he in for a broadside of abuse?

:rolleyes:

I’m sure it’s the same old names moaning about the team selection been wrong and Westwood should be number 1 who kept on posting post after post that George Hirst should have been the first name on the team sheet last season .

It’s become this seasons boring topic, and distracting from a great start to the season .